April 13, 2015

Our soccer girl

This girl loves soccer. 
And she is super good at it too!
 I am not just saying that because I am her mom. I also never realized just how fast Avery runs until I see her out there with all the other players. 

In practice the coach had them line up on the line with their soccer balls and she made them race down the field to the other goal post and score a goal. But if you started to run before she said "Go", then you had to back up 10 feet. So Avery being kind of a jumpy kid, had 2 false starts and was 20 feet behind all the other girls. When the coach said, Go, again- all the girls sprinted as fast as they could while kicking their balls in front of them to see who could score a goal first. It was so funny to watch as Avery passed up everyone and scored the first goal! She was so proud of herself, as were we. I even heard another parent a few feet away say, "Holy cow, that kid is fast!" 

That's a huge confidence booster for her and she needs all she can get. So I don't mean to be all braggy but she just amazes me and sometimes a moms got to brag! Especially here, on MY blog, where I feel safe to do so! ;)














No comments: