January 15, 2015

Once there was a Snowman...

We had a beautiful snow day in the middle of January and Emily wanted to play outside in it. She asked me in a really sweet voice, "Mommy will you play with me outside?" 
How could I refuse!?

So we bundled all up then we both realized we had to go potty, so we took it all off! Then we bundled up again! :)

The snow was perfect for building a snowman. It wasn't too wet or to flaky it wouldn't stick together. Emily rolled the head and I rolled the body. Putting the middle section on was actually really tough! It was SO heavy! Probably 80 pounds of water. But I finally got it up with lots of groaning and heaving. Emily and I found branches for arms, stones for a face and stones for buttons and of course a carrot nose, oh so cute!

She wanted him to have a hat so this was the only hat I could find...he's a Texan. 

Thanks Emily for a fun morning! 









No comments: