January 25, 2014

Happy 82nd Birthday Grandpa!!


My Grandpa Newman has been saying for over 40 years that he will die when he is 82. Well, he turned 82 in January and because my whole family knows that he has been saying this, we wanted to surprise him and throw him a Birthday Party. We don't know how long we will have my grandpa with us, but I hope he is wrong and we have him for a few more years! My aunt reserved a room at the Golden Corral for 80 people. But we had well over a 100 people show up for my grandpa's Birthday! It was awesome. He was so surprised. 

My aunt Lorna makes cakes on the side. It's always been one of her hobbies, so she made this incredible cake of my Grandpa fishing. His most favorite thing to do. It looks just like him!



My grandpa hugging everyone. Our little Emily was the first to run up to my grandpa and hug him. It was so cute. I wish I could have recorded that. She gave him a huge hug right after we all said, "Surprise!" Then everyone starting singing Happy Birthday to him. 

Aunts and uncles and cousins...


More cousins...


And even MORE cousins!


Adam and his girlfriend, Kari (We love her and hope she will be part of our family soon!)

My cute and ornery Grandpa! ;)

Me, my model cousin, Charla and my twin cousin Andrea (We were born 2 hours apart).

Grandpa opening his presents. We all pitched in and got him fishing stuff, an ipad, and a few other fun items that he likes.






My cousins, Shaun, and Robert with Adam

Twin Cousins!

My dad's father and siblings. Alma, Lorna, Grandpa, Gloria, Mike, Joanne and my dad. (Missing my grandmother, who passed away in 2010 and my Aunt Audrey, who passed away when she was 16.)




No comments: