February 8, 2014

What is a Tooth Worth?

Avery lost her first tooth!! She had been wiggling that tooth for over 2 weeks and it finally came out during dinner. She showed a mixture of feelings... proud, anxious, excited and relieved. 

The tooth fairy came last night and brought her 50 cents. That's right. 2 quarters. Avery thought she hit the Jack Pot! People might think, "The "tooth fairy" is cheap at their house." 
We don't count for inflation. I hear some "tooth fairies" give anywhere from $5 or $10 a tooth. If you think about that, an average family has 3-4 kids, those kids will all lose close to 20 baby teeth. That's anywhere between $300 and $800 the "tooth fairy" is forking out for teeth!  Geesh, that's a lot of cash for a tooth. I guess I don't think teeth are worth that much, and if she was thrilled with 2 quarters why fork out more?

 I am done with my rant now. :)

CHEESE!



No comments: