September 26, 2013

Our Birthday Boy!

I hesitate to post things sometimes, but it's my husband's birthday today and I don't get the chance to brag about my husband much, but today I must! (sorry!)
 My husband is pretty darn amazing. He is extremely patient, empathetic and kind. He is always serving others. He is the 1st counselor in the Bishopric right now and because of that he has many responsibilities and is often times gone 6-8 hours on Sundays, and sometimes up to 8 hours during the week in the evenings with appointments and more meetings. Of course I would love for him to be home with me, because I am selfish like that. But I also love that he is out serving and helping others. It brings me strength and I can still feel his Priesthood power in the home protecting us even when he is gone. I am so grateful for him and the example he is to our girls. They love their dad so much and because of the way he treats me, they have expressed they want to marry someone just like their dad in the temple someday...That truly says it all, and is the biggest compliment, the way he treats others, them and me of who he is as a person. I am sometimes in awe of him and how selfless he is. Don't know how I got so lucky to snatch him for my husband for eternity but I did! 

I would like to share just one example about who my husband is. One night Ryan walked in the door from a long day of work and he knew he had to be out the door in less than hour to go to church meetings. So he didn't have a lot of time to eat, dress and be off again. But instead of coming and sitting down to eat his dinner, that was now getting cold, he sat down with the girls on the couch to read a few books with them. He shows by his example that they mean more to him than anything else. It's no wonder Avery has said multiple times that she wants to marry her dad!( haha!) So glad I did though!

 I just thought this was such a sweet moment I decided to take a picture of it. He is a great example to me of so many things, especially his selflessness. 


Happy Birthday Babe! I love you!



1 comment:

Tammy said...

I agree and am extremely proud of the man my son has become. I am also proud of him for finding a worthy woman to take to the Temple and to raise precious children with. Finding someone who loves who you are is sometimes rare. You are both a blessing to each other and your families. Your children have the best example of parenthood. Thank you both.