June 24, 2012

2 days in Boise

Ryan had CME training for work in Boise last Monday, so we packed up the van and headed out. We stayed at a hotel both nights, and although I hate sleeping in a hotel room with kids, we did have a good time at the pool, or rather, the hot tub as the pool was a bit cold. Here's Ryan relaxing...



The hot tub was small but the girls could have stayed out there all night "swimming".



The next morning we took Ryan to class and headed to the Boise Zoo and met there my best friend, Kimberly from high school, all her kids, and also her siblings and there kids, as well as MomC and DadC!  It was awesome hanging out with the Clayton family, just like old times. They have always been my second family. I wish I would have gotten a picture of ALL of them together. Here's a picture of Kimberly and I. Isn't she beautiful?! She lives in Oklahoma and traveled to Idaho for a family reunion and to see ME of course! ;)



My girls

Kimberly and my girls along with Amia-Kimberly's sister, Aimee's little girl. 


Riding in the jeep



Kimberly's littlest one, Zurie.


Emily hanging from the bar. She thinks she is so strong. heh heh.

All the kids enjoying digging for fossils. 

All of Kimberly's kids and mine, plus Kimberly's Dad and Kimberly's brothers daughter.

 Aliya getting brave with the tiger. :)

us. Avery cracks me up.

Parker, Madisen, and Avery playing in the tunnels to see the gophers, which we all hiding. 
Feeding the goats. Madisen and Avery were pretty brave and excited to feed the goats, Emily and I however, not so much. I actually have never tried. Don't care for animals much...sorry to offend anyone who is. But I just have a weird phobia of animal hair, and slobber that I can't explain. But I did try and I did it. Then I immediately sanitized my hands...and arms...and body. haha.







A bunch of the kids in the birds nest. 

My beautiful friend, Kimberly and cute little Zurie. 

After the Zoo, we went across the street to the park, ate lunch and played a ton of games. We played red rover, freeze tag, and many made-up games like, "run to the other side of the field, grab you shoes, run back and put them on" and also a miniature obstacle course where we raced someone our own age. Kimberly and I raced each other. Let's just say, it was a close call. :) 

After the park we went to a place where they make wind chimes and other things for . It was started by  mother her lost her 3 year old son suddenly. It is called, Ben's Bells Project. You can click on the link to learn more about it.  We felt honored to be able to paint and help make a few chimes for Ben's Bells.




Afterwards Ryan and I decided to take the kids to places where mommy grew up. We drove by my old house where I lived from ages 11-18...


It was a fast trip to Boise, but it was packed full of fun!




3 comments:

Pattie D said...

First there is something really different about your old house...is it shutters, siding...I am confused! Don't laugh!
I love the pics from the zoo and Ben's Bells. I have to say when we got home and were talking about our vacation, Tuesday at the Zoo was our top day, hands down! We love you, Ryan and your girls and are so thankful to have you in our lives...wish we were closer so those days could be more! Thanks for spending Tuesday with us, thanks for feeding us and thanks for being a great example!
hugs
momc

Christy said...

It was so good to see you guys too. We had a blast in the park playing all those games. We love you too! Our old house looks just the same to me. The shutters and siding were there just like we had them.. The back yard had a new/old shed build.

Pattie D said...

Okay...that is too funny! I would have sworn there was a porch and steps to the front door...and I really don't remember shutters! LOL I am getting old!