April 25, 2012

A New Adventure

It's me again! Didn't think I'd ever be back, did ya? Thought I had forgotten all about you, didn't you? Well, to be honest I am surprised myself to be blogging again. I have run out of excuses, "I can't blog", because...I was moving, I was unpacking, I was homeschooling, I was catching up with friends, I was hanging out with my family; playing games, and more importantly winning those games. ;)

Yes, I am back. And with a vengeance!

I am back to fulfill those worthy resolutions that I was once so determined to accomplish at the start of the year! It's a new adventure and beginning for our family and what a great way to start fresh then to update our blog with all of our new happenings, not just for my two readers, but for our family journal.

Most everyone knows already, but we moved back to Idaho the end of January as my husband was offered a job in Twin Falls. We feel truly grateful to be back in this great state and closer to family. Texas almost feels like a blur, like an extended vacation. We will always love and miss those friendships that we made there, some so very dear to us. We knew we were meant to live in that area and meet the people we met for that time in our lives. Living there gave me such a great testimony that Heavenly Father knows all. He doesn't just know us "so much", and "loves us so much". He loves us with a PERFECT love and a PERFECT understanding of what we need and want in our lives. Looking back at the things that transpired as we lived in Texas and the things that came about, I am truly in awe and am grateful for those blessings every day!

Other exciting news is we bought our first home here in Twin! (well besides the Condo we bought 7 years ago in Colorado). We weren't expecting to buy a brand new house, but we love it. It's the perfect size for us, in a great location and so far the school that our children are and will be attending is awesome and our ward has been so friendly with many families in our same neighborhood. I am loving the brand new carpet in our house, the giant bathtub and huge kitchen.












We have also had two birthdays this last week in our family. Emily turned 3 years old on the 19th!








I decided to buy a cake this year than try my hand at making one. As it is Madisen's birthday two days later,  on the 21st, I knew we would be having even more cake. Then two days after that, we were going to be having even MORE cake and icecream with our whole family, that it just seemed better to buy a small cake. Less is MORE, right? She loved it though, and that's all that matter. (And now I have 5 pounds of cake to loose! Ugh.;)

On Friday, the day before Madisen's birthday, I wish I would have remembered to take pictures of the green dinosaur cupcakes I made for her and her1st grade class. Her class sang to her and she beamed from ear to ear. She looked mature and so cute in peach/orange top with a matching bow. Ryan was off for lunch so we all got to go and surprise her in class. Since we are so new to the area, we weren't going to throw her a B-day party this year with friends, but being able to go to her school was so fun and we know she loved it too. 

On Saturday we wanted to make it special for Madisen and asked her what she wanted to do. Her reply: McDonald's. haha. So we loaded up the kids and took them to McDonald's. We evern splurged this time and bought them Happy Meals. I know, right? We are so crazy.

Later that day we took the girls on a hike across the Twin Falls bridge and saw the canyon. It was awesome! Such a pretty site. I can't believe we only live 5 minutes from this place. 











After our hike we settle down and ate our picnic lunch. It was so nice just spending time laughing and playing as a family. 


After touring the site for awhile we headed back to the car and decided to drive to the temple before calling it a night!



Don't mind Emily...







Like I said, this last Sunday we had our family come up-down-straight across :)-from Pocatello to party with us. The girls again, were spoiled this year getting lots of cute, yummy presents. 






Happy Birthday Madisen and Emily! As my dad says, I am so glad you were born! And especially into our family! We love you!!!


7 comments:

Pattie D said...

Yeah! she is back....I love love love your house! And i am so glad madison and Emily were born to YOUR family. What darling precious little girls!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

YOU ARE ALIVE!!!! I love the catch up post!! Emiy is getting so grown-up!! I forget how close her and Zuri are in age. . .Emily is so pettite. I LOVE your gorgeous house!! I am so excited to see you guys in like 5 weeks!!

Cristi said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're back to blogging-- and to Idaho! I am so happy for you guys to have this new home and new job and new adventure! Love you guys!!!

Cami said...

Yippee for Twin Falls! That's where my brother lives, you may even be in the same neighborhood! So glad you guys are doing well.

Andrea said...

We love Twin Falls! So many outdoorsy things to do, and it is beautiful. It has that "out in the country" feel without the inconvenience of no where to shop! I am excited for you and your cute family! What fun to have a brand new house and a fresh start. Let the adventures begin!

KristaN107 said...

Conratulations on the perfect house and happy birthday to your beautiful little girls! :)

Hawkins Family said...

I am glad you're back! Your house is so pretty...it is seriously exactly what I hope to have one day! :) So happy for you guys.