January 10, 2012

My Resolutions!

I have been stuck at a current weight for almost a year now. Then just two months ago I broke through it and lost that last 5 pounds! And more inches all around! I felt great. This is smallest I have been since having kids. I was so excited. But guess what?! The holidays came and went and BOY did they leave a mark! I am back up to where I was! Dang. Why is it so hard to lose that last 5-10 pounds and in just a short time gain it back!?  Five pounds isn't a lot, I know that. But it took forever to lose it in the first place, so it feels like a lot! And it's amazing the difference five pounds can make in my energy and feeling. I feel sluggish and gross inside. So next time I start to eat a entire 3 pound BAG of truffles, I need to remember how I feel right now at this moment and find the willpower to refrain myself!

To start this year right I have made some fitness goals for the month of January. So far so good. I have already lost three pounds!

My goals:

1. No eating passed 7pm.

2. Exercise everyday. (started P90X...again.)

3. No candy/sugar for the next three weeks.

I also set some personal goals to STUDY the scriptures, not just read them everyday, but actually study them more. And to listen better to my kids. And the last thing I really want to work on this year is to stop raising my voice to the point of yelling. I am not a huge yell-er, but when I do, I hate it. So when I feel myself getting to that point, I need to stop, take a breath, think for a moment then work on the "problem". As I know when I do that, the "problem" in hand, is much more minor and unimportant then I first thought it was.

Those are MY resolutions! What are yours??

3 comments:

Lis said...

Why do we care so much about our "weight"?!!!! If we look good and feel good, shouldn't that be enough. For some reason I am not happy unless I am within my realm of happy numbers. Grrrrr. Dang us girls.

If I went without candy or sugar for three weeks, there is no way I could keep from yelling! Haha

Good luck.

Cristi said...

Very nice! No eating after 7 will probably help a lot! good idea! (not that you need to lose any weight!)

Joanna said...

How has the move gone? Hope Ryan's enjoying his new job and you guys are having lots of fun being in Idaho again! Love ya!