December 4, 2011

Santa Claus came to OUR neighborhood!

We took the girls downtown Thursday night to Greenville's City Police/Court house for the yearly tradition of hot cocoa, choirs singing, carriage rides and of course Santa Claus! Santa Claus  made his grand entrance on a white carriage that was deck out in lights and Christmas decor. Our girls were second in line anxiously awaiting a turn to sit on his lap and tell him what they want for Christmas. 

Avery was first. She was most excited to share with Santa that she wants a Princess barbie doll, with a rainbow dress and pink shoes with a bow in her hair. (That's our Avery.)


 Then came Madisen hopping over and onto Santa's lap to tell him she wanted Roller Skates.



Then it was Emily's turn. 

She took about 3 steps, looked at his face and frantically ran the opposite direction. Of course me, being the mean mom that I am, grabbed her and said, "Oh no you don't!" ....I have waited far too long in line to not get a picture of her with Santa Claus. (I am sure Santa Claus was most grateful). So I picked her up and put her on Santa's lap long enough to capture this priceless picture. I have one like this when I was a kid, (most kids do) and it didn't traumatize me forever...(just until I was about 17 is all). 
 Poor Bu-bahs! 

It was a fun night out on the town with the kids, and they said on the way home, "That was fun!"
So all the waiting in lines, crowds, camera dying, and chilly 50 degree evening was all worth it. :)

1 comment:

Cristi said...

That pics is GREAT! You should enter it in the facebook deseret book contest to win a gift card. ALso, you need to post about your moving and what's happening with all that!