July 29, 2011

Our Vegas/Utah Trip

I realized I never posted about our Vegas/Utah trip we took about 2 months ago...I know, it's way over due, and who cares at this point right? Well, I care. :)

We are a little crazy Ryan and I, so to keep up with appearances we decided to drive 22 hours straight with four kids. Our three and my nephew, Colton. We left at 5am on a Friday morning and didn't arrive to Cedar City until 1:30am Saturday morning. The kids actually did great. It was Ryan and I who struggled. The last 3-4 hours of the drive were horrible. Those hours seemed like endless toture! But we made it.

There was a moment when I was driving and almost got us all killed. I was shaken up pretty bad as we should have been in a head on collision and I remember closing my eyes waiting for the impact that never came.  I know the Lord protected us because we should have been hit. I don't know how we weren't to be honest. I still think about it to this day. I had Ryan drive the rest of the way.

It was so great to see Mom and Bob and spend time with them. My family came down from Idaho to stay the weekend too. So my parents, sisters, brother in law, Josh and my borther Adam all came down. Adam stayed for the day and then took Colton back up to Idaho with him. We had a great time, as always.

Then Monday morning came and Ryan and I said goodbye to our girls and headed to Vegas for 5 days and 6 nights alone! Ryan had a P.A. conference the whole week there that his company paid for so I got to go too!

BYE KIDS! Have fun with Grandpa and Grandma!

Our first night in Vegas we went to Roxy's diner and checked into our room which was so nice! We had a great time. ;)


We had a Jacuzzi tub in our room and I think I took 5 bubble baths that week! Ah-mazing. Haven't had a BATH in years.



 Of course we toured Vegas walking around seeing several sites. And did the tourist thing; posing for pictures...look red flowers. cool.


A flying horse and naked statue guy in the back.
 A really cool store

My NAME! As we were driving up to the Vegas Temple we drove threw CHRISTY lane. Thought it was blog worthy...
The temple grounds...beautiful! 


 Heck Yes! The temple is awesome!

Another night out on the strip...

 While Ryan was in class I soaked up some sun and read a few good books during the day. It was so nice to be able to relax and not stress about anything!
The Stratosphere, where we stayed.

We got back Saturday and left Sunday morning to head back to Texas. And again, we drove the whole way in one day! LONGEST drive ever. 

4 comments:

Hawkins Family said...

How fun you got to have a little vacation without the kiddos. Mike and I have yet to do that in our 7 years of marriage...well I guess the kids have only been around the last 4 and a half. We really need/want to do that sometime soon. We drove once from Dallas to Boise. It was brutal and we didn't even have any kids yet!

The Lorenc Family said...

Aww. Luck-eeeee. Love all the pics of you guys!

Just Only Me said...

Sweet! Next time take me. Love that you caught all the awesome moments!

Cristi said...

so cool!!! happy you got to get away alone!