July 27, 2011

Another Crazy Coupon Lady...

13 boxes of cereal
3 bottles of body wash
5 shave gels
1 Playtex tampons
1 box of pads
5 boxes of Kleenex 
1 Palmolive soap


At CVS they had a pretty good deal on cereal 2/$4 and 3/$6.  I had 5 coupons for a dollar off. Making the cereal 2/$3 and 3/$5.  I also had two coupons that said if I spent $20 or more then I would get another $4 off. So by doing 4 transactions I was able to get $8 off on top of it all. Getting an item that's on sale, with a coupon and that comes with a extra buck/register rewards after you purchase it, is the best kind of deal.

For example the pads I bought were $3.49 on sale (original price $5.49) and a $2 rewards would print after I bought it. I also had a $1 off coupon for the same pads. So I purchased the pads(which I needed anyway) for $2.49. Then got $2 back. So basically those pads were only 49 cents. Which would have cost me $5.49 not on sale or with a coupon. That's when you load up on the item!

I love getting the extra bucks/register rewards back. Because you can turn around and use the extra buck on something else! Plus for every fourth visit to the store you can get another $1 extra buck!

Every dollar counts! So I had 3 extra bucks to help pay for my next transaction...

Following me? It's kind of confusing at first. At least for me it was.

It took me a long time to "get" or understand how to coupon. I just never saw how 50 cents off something was such a good deal when you had to buy a newspaper that was a $1 and then spend time clipping. I had several friends try and explain it. But I just still didn't quite understand how it all worked. I am still learning. But I think I finally get it! I read a book called, "Pick another Checkout Lane, Honey" that my mother-in-law purchased for me (Thanks Mom) and after reading it a light bulb went off. -!-

(Sometimes it just takes me longer than most to understand things...don't judge me! haha!)

If anyone wants to get into coupon-ing this is a great book to read!

I am not at 90%-95% savings like the extreme couponing show....and don't know if I will ever get to that point as it would take FAR more time to do it.... AND remember I am trying to balance things in my life. :)

Are you wondering what I paid for all that?

 It would have cost over $80!

But I only spent $30.42!

That's a 65% savings!


If I can do this, anyone can!!

(can you tell I am really, really excited?-!!!!!)

No comments: