November 9, 2010

Our New (temporary and permanent) Home


First of all, Ryan came home from work yesterday and showed me this:
   If you can't tell what it is by looking at it, it's a doctor's prescription pad. And if you look closely Ryan's name is officially on it!! I know it's probably silly to be excited over, but silly nonetheless, He and I were doing a little victory dance in the kitchen together when he brought it home to show me! He can now write prescriptions!

Anyone in need??

Haha...JK!

    Obviously, we are stoked that he has a job. And a good job, for us. It took us a bit longer than most of his classmates to find a job. We kept praying and tried to be patient and have faith that we would find one perfect for us. And I know that through our patience and faith we found this job. It's in a rural area with many lower-income families, and also a high percentage of Spanish-speaking people. Ryan will be able to use his Spanish and help many that can't afford health insurance and have no way of paying for their medical bills. The job is great in another way too, in that it will pay back all our student loans! (Of course we have to commit to 4-5 years and if we come to love it here in Greenville, we might permanently call it, "home" and then convince our family in Idaho, Colorado, and Utah to move here too ;)). What a tremendous blessing! I have such a strong testimony of the importance of praying for the things your family is in need of, in order to bless not only your family but to use it to bless others around you. Although, we don't know very many people yet, we have felt that this is the place where we need to be; to grow, to learn and to meet new friends. Hopefully we won't have to learn anything too hard!  hehe. ;) But if we do, I say, "Bring it on!"...kidding, kind of. lol!

Sorry to get off on a spiritual tangent, (I just couldn't help it) I am just so very grateful for the many blessings in my life, for my testimony, and the gospel of Jesus Christ, that sometimes I just have to shout it!!! (This is me shouting!)

Anyway, off to tour our new "temporary" home...


 Front door area
 Front room and view of kitchen
 Another view of front door and hallway to girl's room.
 Living Room with our new couches...or new to us! Thanks Wendy and Jerry!!
 Dining area and kitchen

Master bathroom...attached is our room, but it isn't the cleanest right now, so you will just have to imagine our room and walk in closet. :)
 Girl's bathroom and there is also a laundry area just next to this bathroom.

Girl's room.

Yep. That's it. Our whole 950 sq. ft. home. It's going to be a little bit of an adjustment to get used to, as our old home was about 2,600 sq. feet. But home is where you make it, right? We will be living here for the next 6-9 months and then hopefully buying a house! 

9 comments:

Joanna said...

It's soooo cute! I LOVE how you decorated it. You do such a great job at that. I love the couches too and your piano even has a place. So excited for you guys! Way to go.

Pattie D said...

Congratulations! What a great blessing to know that is where you should be...you'll be great!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Congrats!!! And you have it so cute already!! Good Luck in the new adventure :)

Andrea said...

I'm so glad you're settled and doing well! I think of you often, and hope you're finding your new life satisfactory. What I wouldn't give to move to Texas right about now.

p.s. schools with uniforms RULE!

Cristi said...

Awww~ I remember that mirror and the greenery on it! I am so happy for you guys! And that you'll be able to get your loans paid off! We owe $157,000!! Yuck! Can't wait to see more pics of your town!

Lis said...

I have that exact same shower curtain! how funny. What a fun new adventure ya'll are having. Good luck in that little house, good thing the weather is good and you can spend time outside!

Heather said...

I can't believe that you already have it all decorated! I've lived in our house for over a year now and it is still pretty empty.

Genny said...

Your home is adorable! You do a fabulous job beautifying it. I need tips. You'll adjust fine to the small spaces and they'll be less cleaning. Hurrah! I swear our apt is less than 600 sqft, though advertised at 700. We measured it. Liars! Anyways, we love our little apt for the time being. But there are times I want it bigger :)

Hawkins Family said...

Your place looks so great. I love it. I'm so excited for you guys and this new adventure. I love being back in Boise close to family and all, but part of me also wishes we were some place new for an adventure! A prescription pad is definitely worth celebrating! You guys worked hard and spent lots of money for that! :)