November 3, 2010

Where have we been?!

I haven't updated in so long, I seriously had troubles logging on and remembering how! I am sad that I did not post once, during October. I have always posted at least once a month, and now I have missed a month! Dang it.  Oh well, it's not like it's the end of the world, but pretty close. ;)

It's good to finally have access to the internet again. It's amazing how much we rely on the thing! And when it's not available, it's definitely a  "lost" feeling.  "Lost"  in that you can't look at your bank account, your emails, your social networks...just completely lost to the outside world. Which was actually kind of nice though too. Not worrying about those things for awhile.

 Most of you know we took at job in Texas. Ye-haw! We live in Greenville Texas, about an hour north east of Dallas. It's a beautiful area actually. So many leaf trees and it's so green here. We are living in an apartment for the time being, trying to determine where we want to buy a house. We have successfully unpacked our whole house and hung up decorations. So it feels close to home again. We have been busy getting things ready for Ryan to get to work and Madi to get to school. I love the school systems here for the most part. Madi goes to school everyday from 8am-3:15pm. It's great. She goes to a school where they require the students to wear uniforms. I personally like the idea, but I know many who don't share that opinion. To each his own, I guess.

Here's Madi showing off her school pride.

Back tracking a little bit... Ryan had laser eye surgery a few weeks ago. We both have been wanting to get this done and we thought it was the perfect time to do it right before he goes to work. He was so excited. And he is thrilled that he no longer has to wear contacts or glasses. Here he is for the last time in glasses...Way to go babe!

What a hunk!
Ethan's grave stone was finished just in time for us to see it before moving. It turned out beautiful I think. I was afraid that it had too much writing on it, but I like how it turned out after all. As we were leaving, Avery yells out, "Bye Ethan. I love you." And Emily waves bye-bye. It was really cute.

All four of our kids together.




A few weeks before moving we got to spend some time saying goodbye to our dear friends. Pam, Emily and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden one night. Also the girls from our ward had a little get together at a park and it was great to be able to take a break from packing and hang out with the girls from the ward. Love you guys!


"Bring it!"
Ryan and Dan in their wrestling masks.  Those boys have way too much time on their hands...haha!

Saying our good-byes to our son, Daniel. We will miss him tons. He is such a great friend.


And of course we will miss our family so much. It's going to be hard not living close to any of them. I wish I would have taken more time to spend with them while we did live so close to each other.  Love you family!!!

8 comments:

Haley said...

i'm so glad your settling in.. and unpacked and decoratd "go christy!"

i know what its like to be so far away from family, but from experience i can say that it will do great things to have to rely on each other for support. you will grow closer together.

how exciting for madi.. growing up so fast.. and i think uniforms are the greatest!

i'm excited to hear about your adventures and hope all continues to go well :) how do you like your ward?

Lis said...

Glad to see you back and blogging again. Texas is the friendliest place, we lived in Abilene for a few years and I just loved it there. The people in Texas are so special, and it makes me happy to know they will be taking care of your sweet family.

Best of luck in your new adventure.

A piece of Texas advice: their grass is not REAL grass. Never go barefoot in a park, you will get eaten alive by scary ants.

Rachel Schanz said...

Hey! So exciting! Good luck in Texas :) Ethan's headstone looks beautiful

Hawkins Family said...

I'm so glad to see an update! I hope you're settling well and enjoying Texas. I'm so excited to have a friend to visit when we go to visit Mike's family. Talk to you soon.

P.S. Lisa is totally right about the grass and ants!

Cristi said...

Oh my heart was breaking for you that you had to say goodbye to Ethan and to your family! But I'm sure you'll have many wonderful adventures that I can't wait to hear about! Put lots of pics up pretty please!

Pam said...

Glad to read an update! Madi is adorable in her colors! Love and miss you guys!

Joanna said...

It must've been hard to leave. I'm so glad that you got to see Ethan's grave stone before you left for Texas. I'm sure it was a special moment. Saying goodbye is so hard. We were sad even though we don't live near you. :D
I'm hoping we can run a race together someday (maybe in Texas?) That would be fun!
Love ya!

Genny said...

Wow, congratulations! Texas! That'll be exciting. Ha, as for the Idahoan hick accent, I actually haven't really heard one, it's more for the 'overalls' effect. hahaha.