June 2, 2010

Burn and Run




I only wish it was that easy, to stand on a scale all day and see the pounds just shed off! Wouldn't that be nice? Unfortunately getting good results takes hard work. I love the feeling I get when I have accomplished something hard. Someone made the comment that it's really not about the number on the scale but more about body fat, and inches. Which is totally true! I completely agree with that. But I also just want to get down to where I was when I felt my best. So I am going to keep burning those calories out of me.

Training for this half marathon has been so empowering. It feels great when I get done with a long run...well, besides the sore knees, bad back, and blistered feet ;). Last Friday, Emily and I did our 10 mile run and I have never ran that far ever. We are trying to set a goal to stay around 10 minutes a mile. Some miles we do about 9 minutes, other miles are more like 12 minutes as we climb up hills. This morning we ran 3 miles and did it in 28 minutes... I am hoping we can keep that pace through the whole race on Saturday. I am also hoping I (as in, ME ) survives it. hehe.

Wish us luck!

6 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

First, you're amazing. I hope I can run that long some day. Good luck in your race. I'm sure you will do great.

Second, thank you for your post a few posts back about your little Ethan. What a testimony you have and the strength that you have had through it all is inspiring. I hope that if ever faced with the same challenge I would be able to face it with the same courage and faith that you two have. Thank you again!

Skye said...

Good luck! I know you can do it!

Leslie said...

oh fantastic!!!! You sound so ready - you'll be great!!!!!!
Good luck! and 3 miles in 28 mins it great!

Pattie D said...

LUCK!

Rachel Schanz said...

hey there! I always forget to check your blog because it doesn't update on my reader, anyway, I love reading your posts about your girls, you guys have so much fun! Thank you so much for your testimony about Ethan, I'm so grateful for the gospel!

Cristi said...

wow, you are a studly chick!