May 31, 2010

Our Memorial Weekend...

On Saturday we drove down to Preston Idaho to visit Ethan and Grandpa Hodges' grave sites. As soon as we pulled up we noticed that someone had left a balloon and little toys for Ethan. We knew that Grandma Hodges, Aunt Margene and Uncle Dewey were coming up from Utah to visit this weekend, but didn't know what day or what time they were coming. We tried calling them but couldn't ever get a hold of them. As we got out of the car we were surprised when they pulled up right beside us! They were just leaving when we pulled up and it was nice to be able to spend a little bit of time with them.


We took Ethan and grandpa some flowers.
On the way home the girls were being silly and saying "Weeeee" as we were driving UP hill.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our "trusty" (yeah right!) orange vacuum... kicked the can. It bought the farm. It went belly up. It checked out. It bit the dust. It went out in a blaze of glory. It's number was up.

It.
Died.


However you say it, it was done for and in it's place...
we bought this one of a kind, beauty. Isn't it sweeeet!? It drives like a dream. Just check out my hunky husband taking it for a spin. He was so stoked to try it out as soon as we got home.



This vacuum also came with a bonus gift ...a cute baby.What a KILLER deal we got! ;)

As we were dropping our dead vacuum off at a donation place, we saw a lady who had just dropped off this cute little red bike! So we traded.
Avery was pretty excited to have a bike like Madi now and I am happy that they can both ride this summer.

We also went camping...sort of. This is our version of "roughing it". The girls were pretty excited to go "camping". I always thought it would be fun to put a tent up in the living room and when I saw a friend do this with their kids I thought, we should totally do that! It's so hard going camping when you have a baby and little kids. We are not huge campers anyway so for now the living room works great! We got this tent at our wedding reception and have never used it. We sure put it to good use this weekend. We had a blast! We told ghost stories, read books, ate popcorn and watched movies. We even called Grandpa Newman so he could tell one of my favorite childhood ghost stories called, "The Ghost with the Bloody Finger."

I am so grateful for those that have served our country and gave their own lives that we have freedom today because of it. Hope everyone had a great Memorial Weekend.


6 comments:

Pattie D said...

What fun! Okay the vacuum is pretty cool, but the bonus gift was the best! Where did you get it???? I think I could camp that way...air conditioning also! Now that is something I can live with. So glad your weekend was a good one. And Avery's treasure is exactly what I have been looking for....I guess I need to donate my old vacuum! (That is a trade I could live with too!)
Hugs!

Skye said...

That's the way I like to camp too!!! So much fun! I haven't seen your girls in forever they are all changing. I've been wanting to call and get together with you guys, but it seems like Asher catches another bug as soon as he starts feeling better. Hopefully once this crazy weather straightens out we can play :)

By the way I think you got an awesome trade with that red bike!!!

Joanna said...

How fun! We need to definitely put that tent to use. Now it's official - you guys have to move over by us someday because you're too much fun and we need you here.

Cristi said...

Going to see Ethan's grave must have been so special! I love your camping!

Hawkins Family said...

Looks like a great weekend! Emily looks SO cute in the vacuum box. I can't believe how big all your girls are. That was a sweet find with the bike! You're such a great Mom....I hope to be like you when I grow up!:)

Tammy said...

What a weekend! I thought of Ethan a lot that week also. I've been doing some genealogy and in newfamilysearch.com I entered information for Ethan. It was my own little memorial for our sweet little boy.

Sorry to hear about the vacuum. You won't believe it but I saw the filter for your old deceased vacuum on clearance and purchased it for you for Christmas! Oh well I will take it back. I couldn't believe that I remembered which one it was. It's strange what sticks in our memory banks.