February 9, 2010

Emily's Progress


Yesterday afternoon I had a lady come by from the Idaho Infant Toddler Program, which is a program set up for mothers and their premature babies to make sure the babies are progressing where they should be. Emily did awesome and passed most of the tests preformed on her. It was such a neat experience as the lady preforming the different tasks on Emily said she had never worked with a baby born so early and was surprised at how well she is doing too. What a little miracle she is, especially after a few doctors had told us she might be a slow learning due to her brain hemorrhage and just being born so early.

She is about 9 1/2 months old and weighs about 15 pounds now. She is getting close to being on the growth chart. Whoo-hoo!

I am so happy to see her thriving and learning so much already. Emily is just a joy in our lives! And I thank my Father in Heaven everyday. She is so smiley and smiles at everyone she meets. She has started to crawl a little and is getting around the living room pretty good. In fact, so good that this morning I left her with some toys for a few minutes and went in the other room to finish something and when I came out I couldn't find her anywhere! The panic set in just as fast as I raced to the kitchen and saw her right by the stairs! AHHH! Looks like we need to put up the gate!


8 comments:

Leanne said...

GREAT news!!! I'm so happy to hear she's doing so well!! She is so sweet, I love her happy face in all these pictures!

Unknown said...

Emily has changed so much! I think she looks so much like Ryan; she's adorable!! She seems to be a very happy little one! She is a miracle baby!

Cristi said...

that just warms my heart that she's doing so well!

Unknown said...

That is so great to hear she is doing so well. Itsn't it funny how the simple things that kids do can bring a smile to your face. I love the early intervention programs. Whitney and Brayden have so much fun with the therapist. I hope everything is going well for you guys. If ya have any questions about how the program runs here, let me know.

Joanna said...

Look at her! She is just cruisin'! That is soooo much fun. It's hard to keep them out of stuff, but they are so happy that they have the freedom of moving themselves around the room. Yay Emily!

Skye said...

Go Emily!!!! That is such great news! I remember just feeling relieved when the occupational therapist told me Asher was doing awesome. I thought he was doing good, but it's always exciting to have someone else confirm it. Keep up the good work Emily!!!

The Lorenc Family said...

That is so good. You are a good mommy. Inspiring.

Genny said...

I'm so glad that your little one is doing so well. What a miracle she is!!! :)