February 9, 2010

{Craft Project} & Sledding with Grandpa

We went to Rexburg and stayed with my parents this weekend and while we were there I made an frame to hold all the hair bows for the girls. I kept the bows in a basket in the hallway or least tried too. I would lose them all over the house, in the car, or I would have to go digging around trying to find the right color.

Very Frustrating.

I like being organized. I like things in their proper place. And when there is chaos in my home I feel out of control. (Like, right now, my kitchen cupboards are driving me crazy. Time to re-organize!)

I have been wanting to make one of these for a while but just kept putting it off due to laziness! Then I told myself, "Enough already! Get to work!" :)

I found a frame at the D.I. took out the glass. I bought foam padding, fabric, and ribbon. I used a hot glue gun and glued it all together. (Sorry I am horrible at explaining things!) And Wal-lah! A beautiful frame for all the many bows we own!
................................................................................................................


My dad, the clever inventor he is, built a little ramp off the porch for the girls to sled down. Madi had a blast and didn't want to come inside for nothing.
I love this picture of her and my dad.
It captures the moment perfectly.


My dad showing Madi how to carry the container up the stairs... On the second day my dad got even more creative by taping a rope to the container to drag the girls back up after they went down.

I think my dad was having the most fun!Even though my dad was being careful both girls "bift" it pretty bad. Madi flipped over and smashed her head again the snow and got all cut up. And Avery flipped out and got a face full. But just minutes after they wanted to do it again!

15 comments:

Morgan said...

I finished a bow board too! It was on a cork board. I have to make another one since one didn't hold them all...yours turned out great! And fun little time for your girls! Grandpas are the best!

Leanne said...

I love it! I can totally picture my dad coming up with something like that! Dads/grandpas come up with the best stuff :)

Just Only Me said...

FUN!! What fun memories your kids will have playing in snow with your folks, I sure have some fond ones playing with my grandparents. But it looks COLD!

Unknown said...

LOL! Looks like your girls and grandpa had a blast! How fun!!

Unknown said...

And I love the bow board/frame you made! It is nice to have them kept in one spot! Just be sure to keep it out of reach of little hands...as Saylee has gotten hold of her bow board several times and well..pretty much defeated the whole purpose! :)

Cristi said...

those bows look awesome! and your dad rocks!

Rachel Schanz said...

Looks like your girls had a blast! and very cute board :)

Nicole Leavitt said...

love the bow holder! so cute!

The Jones Foursome said...

I've been doing some catching up reading blogs and looking at pictures, and I love your stories! Your kids are so cute!!! I loved watching them play together, and I think it is so fun the different memories they are making. What a fun family. Heavenly Father really does give us more than we could have hoped for, doesn't He =).

Joanna said...

Cute bow board! I'm going to have to make one now. :D And the sledding in the tote looks way too fun!

Andrea said...

That's a good idea (the bow frame thing). I just hang mine from a cute belt (hung on an over-the-door hook) I bought long-long ago and never used. But it's all filled up. I need to add more belts.

The Moore Family said...

Hey!! How the heck are ya??? We don't have the internet at home so I don't keep myself updated with people's blogs very well. Your girls are growing up!! I'm so happy that Emily is doing so well. She is so cute! You said you drive by Washington street, sooo you better stop by sometime!!! You said Ryan is gone...is it for school? We need to have a little get together. You and the girls should come over, or if it is easier we can visit you. Whatever works.....hope you are doing well!! Take care!! See ya soon!!

Skye said...

What a fun day with Grandpa!!! I bet your girls had an absolute blast! I love, love, love the bow board. We need to get together so I can see it in person and steal some of your craftiness :)

Leslie said...

I saw this post before and have been in a hurry to comment. First of all, grandpas have the best ideas!! Secondly, I keep admiring your bow...board. I was thinking today that i need to ad that to my list of projects. I keep our bows in a basket, but Sierra likes to dump them and trail them around the house. I can never seem to find the color bow I want when I need it.... or a matching one for the 2nd pony-tail. This is great! Good work - it's cute too!

The Lorenc Family said...

Cool bow thingy! I will never know.... sigh. :)The ramp was very cool! Would you dad let me go for a spin?