December 2, 2009

Thanskgiving Weekend! (never to late to be Thankful!)

Thanksgiving weekend was a blast! We had my family (My parents, Celeste, Randy, Adam, Genn and Colton) over at our house this year for the grand feast. I was a little nervous cooking the turkey as I burn everything, remember? But it actually turned out pretty good, as in, I didn't burn it :). I don't have any pictures to show for it, so you will just have to trust me on this. Of course I couldn't have done it all by myself. My lovely mom brought the yams, the rolls and a pumpkin pie cake. And my beautiful sister-in-law, Genn, brought a delicious broccoli and bacon salad and two pies. Everything was so good! Sometimes I wish Thanksgiving was everyday of the year...of course then I would weigh like 800 pounds, but then, we ALL would. :)

I wanted to get pictures of the whole day, but forgot to do that as things were a little crazy, however I did snap a few pics of the girls and their Grandpa Newman. I also got a few video clips of my family doing the Hula Hoop on the Wii that I wanted to share, that is quite hilarious, but it still won't let me download videos! ugh.

Madi gets poked in the eye.Grandpa gets picked in the nose.


A few hours after our Thanksgiving meal, Ryan and I drove down to Utah with Ryan's aunt and uncle, Wendy and Jerry. Ryan's dad got remarried on November 28th. So we flew from Salt Lake to Colorado on Friday morning. It was so much fun to hang out with Ryan's family! It's been a few years since we have all been together. I don't think there was a minute from the whole trip where we weren't all laughing and having a great time...well, except when we were sleeping, and even then we were probably smiling. :)


Hey, this is Ryan. I would like to write about jamming out with my brothers. I didn't realize how good they had become at the guitar and the drums! They totally rocked out and I did a little rocking myself on our 25 year old keyboard. I am so proud of how far they've come! Can you say awesome?!?

-------------------------------

Wedding Day!!

My dad married a wonderful woman named, Trudy and the ceremony and festivities went great! Dad looked awesome and Trudy looked beautiful!

Nate's wife, Erin and Sean's Fiancee, Jeanette.

We were so touched and started bawling when they lit a candle in remembrance of our little boy, Ethan.Dad and Trudy thanking everyone who came and sharing their love with all of us.

First Dance

Wendy and Jerry gettin' giggy with it!

Jerry had some sweet moves! :0Look at that stud!

A bunch of goof balls.

Say it..."Aww!" ;)

(*Sorry, I didn't get any goofy or nice pictures of Erin and Nate together! Gosh I'm an Idiot!)

5 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

looks like you guys had so much fun!! You look so beautiful-I love your hair!!

Tammy said...

I'm glad that you all had such a great time and were able to enjoy each other. I miss listening to the boys jam. You all look beautiful and handsome. Happy Thanksgiving!

Pattie D said...

What a great weekend! And I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTY!
I love you!
hugs
MOMC

Cristi said...

Cuteness! Congrats to Ryan's dad! I'd love to hear Ryan rock out with his bros! Good job on the turkey! I'm not even brave enough to try! :)

The Lorenc Family said...

Good times!