December 6, 2009

"Return to You"

I am home with my three girls today, who have all been sick the last few days, while Ryan heads to church to teach in Elder's Quorum. Today is my birthday, and as I sit and reflect back (which I like to do a lot) on past years and memories, my heart is full of love. I feel so blessed and my life is so rich with love and laughter, family, friends and kindness. I have such a wonderful family and friends who love me even with all my faults, shortcomings and stubbornness. Thank you for showing me love even when I am least deserving of it.

It's cold today. Very cold, but so beautiful as it snowed yesterday and sprinkled some this morning covering everything in sight. Most years it either snows on my birthday or the day before. To me, it's a birthday gift! Really I am not a fan of cold weather, never have been. In fact, I would rather live in Arizona or somewhere equally as hot. Yet, I love when it snows on my birthday. I love touching a spot in the snow that hasn't been tampered with. It's so PURE and white which makes me think about what Heaven might look like, only 100 times more spectacular! And my greatest desire is to be worthy to live with my Heavenly Father again.

I am not perfect, far from it. I probably make more mistakes than rights. And often times what I feel and want to show my parents, siblings*, spouse and kids comes out just the opposite. I pray to be a good person, neighbor, friend, mom and wife but fall short all too often. I want to be able to embrace my Savior. To touch His hands and feet, for Him to say He is proud of me. I want to be like Christ. I know that it is possible only through Him. I believe Him when He says, He can take all my sins away and make me PURE and white, just like snow.

I want to be with my husband forever. I want to be with my family and friends. I want to be with my little boy who I miss so much. I want to have eternal life and everlasting joy. I want to be surrounded by my family and friends in PURE joy!

My husband, the awesome stud he is, ;) wrote, sang and composed a beautiful song while we were dating and going through some rough times together. It's called, "Return to You." I wanted to share it so I put it together in a slide show. Ryan's goals and greatest desires were and are to do good continually, obey God and return to live with Him again having eternal life and exaltation. This is why I married him, (and the fact that he is unbelievably HOT!!:) We both had and still have these same desires and goals and I love that we can do it together. Ryan is a great example to me and is always wanting to be better. He tries hard at everything he does and makes me so proud.



I am grateful for the church and for my testimony and for the spirit in my life. I don't know what I would do without that knowledge, that Christ lives and has suffered for me so I can return to live with Him again. That there is always hope and it's never too late to repent and Return to Him. I hope everyone can remember the true meaning of Christmas, the birth of our Savior during this holiday season!

Merry Christmas!!!

12 comments:

Leslie said...

Well happy birthday! I love reading your thoughts - they often make me smile. You are so much as beautiful with who you are and are trying to be on the inside as you are on the out.
Happy b-day and happy holiday season to you and your family too!

Tammy said...

Christy, I know that I just told you this on the phone but I want you to remember how happy I am that Ryan found you and that you are his eternal companion. I am so happy that you are now my daughter and that we are a family for eternity. You help balance Ryan out and together you are raising the sweetest children. Through your example and love your children will learn the Gospel and bless of the lives of all those around them, just like you and Ryan do. I love you and Happy Birthday!

Hawkins Family said...

You never cease to amaze me Christy. You are such a great example!

Just Only Me said...

Leave it to you to make me tear up...as always. I love your posts, you remind me what's important. I have always had a special place in my heart for YOU, starting back in the day when we were both teenagers. You've always been one that I'd admired and loved. You rock. Merry Christmas, Dear Christy.

Lis said...

Love this post! How lucky to get beautiful fresh snow on your birthday. :) Sorry you had to stay home with sick kiddos, I love going to church on my birthday. Thanks for sharing your sweet testimony.

Andrea said...

ALL day on Sunday I was wracking my brain, trying to figure out who's birthday it was. I knew it was someones, just couldn't figure out who. Now I know. Happy Birthday!

Thanks for sharing your testimony. I love this time of year - tho I could do without the cold for sure. I love the snow, if only it could stay off the roads and be warm!

Just Only Me said...

I LOVE the blog look! How did you do it?? I absolutely love it and want one like it!!!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

That was the sweetest post. It made me cry and i needed a little lift today-thanks for being in my life-you lift me up even miles apart-I hope that you had a great birthday-I have to admit and be that awful friend that forgot-I couldn't even tell you what today is, but it makes me sad that I forgot your birthday-I hope, even though you had to stay home with sick babies-that you had a great birthday-i love you and miss you-thanks for being such a great example-you always have been!

Ashlie said...

Wow, that's a beautiful song. Ryan is so talented! It's even better knowing and having been there for some of the history ;) You and family are amazing, Christy. Thank you so much for sharing and being a wonderful example.

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for inspiring me to be a little better. I too am so thankful for the gospel and family. I hope you had the wonderful birthday that you deserved. You are amazing!

Cristi said...

This is so touching you guys! WOW! We love this song-- and it's so cool with a slideshow!

The Lorenc Family said...

That was fantastic. Wow. What a great testimony. Thanks for sharing your talents to share the spirit of the Savior with me.