November 20, 2009

Emily is 7 months old!

Yesterday Emily turned 7 months old. Crazy how time flies. It's all a blur when I think back to those days when they were born and in intensive care for almost 4 months...wow. But Emily has made such progress. She is such a happy baby for the most part. She smiles and coos and "talks" back and forth with me. Madi sometimes says, "Mom, why are you talking like that to Emily. Emily can't talk!"

I can't get enough of her, and sometimes squeeze her a little too much. :) The last four nights she has slept through the night. Two nights ago I put her to bed at 8:30 and she slept till 8am!!! Almost 12 hours! Of course I woke up in the middle of the night a couple of times freaked out and made sure she was ok. It's always scary the first few times they do that.

The girls just adore Emily. And are always putting their faces right up to her. (These pictures were taken Oct. 28th.)
We feel so blessed that her eyes are now out of danger. Her ROP disease is completely gone. The doctor was pretty dumbfounded and just very surprised by the growth of her vessels, because at one point he was on the verge of sending her down to Salt Lake for eye surgery and then the next week, a miracle! Her bloodvessels started growing in the right direction, which is so rare. Only a very small percentage of babies born that early come out of ROP without treatment for it. We are so grateful for this blessing and for the opportunities that it will give her in the future. I am also grateful that I don't have to take her in every week to get "tortured" with the eye exams. They were awful, but obviously necessary. And many of the doctors that Ryan has worked with over the last few months in his rotations, have also said the same thing, that that is amazing. We feel very blessed and I can't thank my Heavenly Father enough!


14 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

she is such a doll!! I love the bows-so sweet-she really looks good in brown!

Just Only Me said...

I think I've gotten used to facebook now, because I was looking for the "like" link! I LIKE this post!
Actually I love it. She's such a sweetheart, I wish we lived closer!

Pattie D said...

Ahh, what a sweetheart! So cute
What a wonderful blessing and a huge miracle...thanks for sharing Emily's great progress!
hugs
MOMC

Tammy said...

Emily has grown so much! I too am amazed that she is doing as well as she is. We definitly have so much to be grateful for. I can't wait to see you all and get to know Emily. One of my most precious blessings is that you and Ryan found each other and have created this beautiful and amazing family. Thank you for being patient and marrying my son. Kisses to all my girls and my adorable son.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful baby Emily is. She has changed so much! Glad that her eyes are perfect and in the clear! Love the picture of the 3 girls on the floor. So sweet!

Heidi Nielson said...

Hey Christy. Thanks for the comment on my blog. It reminded me that I haven't looked at yours lately! Your girls are so cute and I'm so jealous that Emily is starting to sleep through the night. Melli still wakes up a few times in the night! I'm going crazy! Hope we get to see you guys soon!

Skye said...

Emily is getting so big. She is probably twice the size from the last time I saw her. Time sure does fly!!! I'm so happy to hear that she is out of danger with ROP...that's awesome! Madi and Avery look like such good big sisters to Emily.
By the way, I'm not at all jealous that your little one sleeps through the night...hehe...it's about time you get a full nights rest :)
Keep up the good work Emily!!!

RORYJEAN said...

I am so happy to read that more miracles are happening with Emily- what a blessing. She is so CUTE! I love that picture of the girls and her.

Blake and Lara said...

What a doll!!! I'm so happy she is doing so well. That is just amazing about her eyes. WOW! What a little fighter! Hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow!!

Leanne said...

What a sweetheart! I'm so happy she's doing so well!

Cristi said...

yay! that is miraculous news! :)

Andrea said...

I can't believe it's been seven months, either.

Hope your Thanksgiving was fabulous!

p.s. if you had MY pumpkin pie, you'd change your tune.

Anonymous said...

Wow, time has just flown by! Great news!

The Lorenc Family said...

What an adorable girl! Christy, she is beautiful. Emily is proof God lives and hears and answers prayers! And I know a lot of those prayers were made by her valiant mother. You are doing so much, I can't believe how you make time to blog and keep us all updated, which I am so grateful for. We think of you guys often, and love you all very much.