November 15, 2009

A Whole Lot of Silly...

These pictures of the girls making silly faces brought back memories of my high school days with my friends. You might be wondering how these pictures can remind me of my high school days?..... I will tell you how, because I am sure you are just DYING to know.

Like everyone else, I hung out with a few different groups of friends through out high school. There were always friends in different classes, social settings, clubs, sports, and so forth. Just to list a few; there were my Church/LDS friends (Allyson, Leanne, Michelle, Kelly, Rory, Krista, Holly, Angela, Aimee, Stephanie, Nadine, Jennifer B., Amanda, Mandy, Laura, Jennifer, Andrea, Hayley, Ashlie, Shantay...the list goes on). My childhood/neighbor best friends, (Emily and Rachel), another close group of school friends, (Kaitlyn, Annette, Kelly, Jasmine, Shannon, Lidia, Brittany...), and my best friends (Kimberly, Mom C :), Cami, Emily, Krista, MacKay, Kevin, Evan...). I am sure I missed a few, but the reason I wanted to list some of my high school friends is because I have pictures with all of them at one time or another, making silly faces in one of these...


A Photo Booth.


We would all squeeze in, sometimes there were 6 to 8 of us cramped in, seeing who could make the goofiest face!

There was a photo booth a couple of miles from my house at a K-Mart. And I am positive that my friends and I were the ones that kept the owner of it rich. Very rich.

I would put these photo strips all over my room to the point where one of my walls was covered with friends and I making silly faces. I loved it and it became one of my favorite things to do. One, because it only cost a dollar for 4 pictures and two, it was a whole lot of fun!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the pics of the girls. Man! I'm sorta envious that they sit still for that long! :) It's a very rare occasion when ONE of my kids will sit still for a picture...
You are too funny! I am bummed we didn't get to hang out the other night. I was so excited about it. We will have to plan another night soon!

Just Only Me said...

AWESOME! It does take me back to my days at CHS and especially in YW when we sat by each other and giggled through the very serious and spiritual lessons!

Andrea said...

I knew exactly where you were going with those pictures all lined up vertically. Brought back memories of my own Kmart Photo Booth days. Where did all the photo booths go, anyway?

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I LOVE IT!! I miss those days:)-They have some of those at our mall, but they are FOUR dollars, are you kidding me??!! I have to admit that the dollar for four pictures was a steal-and the memories pricless-that for the trip back in time :)

Pattie D said...

Wow, I feel special! And those girls are priceless! Silly, darling and beautiful...
Love ya
MOMC

Skye said...

Your girls are so darling...even when they are being crazy and silly :) I too love photo booths. I haven't been in one since before I was married. The pictures taken in a photo booth are priceless, because you can't delete the photos and retake them!

RORYJEAN said...

Ahhh... the famous Kmart photo booth. I wonder if it is still there??? I am certain the owner of that booth made a killing. Your girls are so cute- Avery is such a ham!

The Moore Family said...

My friends and I use to visit the photo booth all the time!! Good times and lots of laffs! Very cute pictures of the girls!! They are looking so grown up. It was good to sit down and get updated and read your blog. Always entertaining. Hope to see you guys soon!

KristaN107 said...

I have a few scrapbook pages full of those pictures. SO FUN!! Totally brought me back to the days. I wonder if I could find the HS photo albums somewhere... :)

Tammy said...

As I was scrolling down those adorable pics of the girls I was thinking that it reminded me of those photo booths! They even had them when I was young. What fun memories. The girls are so darling and I miss them so much and you and Ryan also. Love ya!

The Lorenc Family said...

haha! Love that you are passing on the tradition!