November 3, 2009

Family Pictures 2009

I have been wanting to get professional family pictures taken ever since Emily got off the oxygen but I kept putting it off, or something would come up. And by the time I realized it, fall weather was here! Which is fine, because I love pictures with fall colors and the different shades of the changing leaves. I actually scheduled pictures with a photographer from Blackfoot last week, and I was so excited.-! But when I glanced outside that morning, lo and behold snow was gently falling and the wind was blowing making it the coldest day yet. Great, I thought... Snowing, below freezing temperatures, 20-30 mile per hour winds, outside for an hour or longer taking pictures with little (tired) kids, and with no coats (cuz like, big colorful coats would look really cool in family pictures...). Defeated, I canceled our pictures and decided to wait to do them in May or June next year. It's hard enough to get my girls to smile, let alone add all those miserable things* to the mix!

Yet, I really wanted some pictures of all of us together. Emily has been home for almost 3 months and we have yet to get a picture of all of us together! The weather was beautiful on Halloween day so I asked my sister, April and my sister-in-law Genn to take pictures of us before we went trick or treating.


However, right from the start Avery was not too thrilled with the idea like I was...
Just minutes after arriving at the park, I was feeling VERY frustrated. Why is it so hard for kids to sit nicely, look at a camera and smile for 2 seconds?? Is that really too much to ask?!

Guess so.

We were finally able to calm Avery down enough to take pictures, but don't expect a smile from her, that would be asking too much remember.

In the end, the pictures actually turned out pretty good, I think. Except we all tend to be looking at different cameras. Ha ha!

Thank you so much April and Genn for doing that for us!

So here are the ones I liked the most...



As you can see...Avery was still not happy and Emily decided to barf on herself right when this picture was taken. Lovely. Avery would not smile no matter what crazy, goofy faces my sisters and brothers were making behind the camera. (Thanks for trying April, Josh, Adam and Genn!)

Trying to have fun or at least trying to show Avery how much fun pictures can be.
I don't think she cared.

These were some of the last family pictures and by then we were bribing Avery that if she smiled she could have candy! Why didn't we try that in the first 30 pictures taken! (We're slow learners, ok?) This one is probably my favorite because we are ALL looking somewhat in the same direction and mostly smiling. One out of thirty or so... not bad. :)

Madi was a natural poser. I just love these pictures of her! Thanks Genn for taking these!

Avery's half smile as she was thinking about the candy she was going to get.

We even got a little smile out of Emily.

For some reason we didn't get any of Ryan and Madi alone. :( Or any with just Ryan and I. I just didn't even think about it! Sad.

Love all these of Avery and Ryan!


Madi's face cracks me up in this one! So funny!

*Avery not shown due to a melt down...most likely.


THE END

13 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictures turned out great! Who says you need a 'professional' right?? They look awesome. I love the colors too. I totally agree with you on kids and pictures...why must it be so hard? The ones with Avery half smiling or not smiling at all, will be so great to look back on and laugh. Your family is so adorable. I sure do miss you lots. We need to get together soon! I will be calling you...very, very soon! :) Luvs!

Tammy said...

I love the pictures! I'm like you, I love fall colors. It is hard to get everyone to be happy and smile at the same time. April and Genn did a great job.

Pattie D said...

These are precious! I love melt downs...okay so I didn't like them 20+ years ago, but now you know they can be kind of funny! Thanks for sharing the great pics and kudos to Genn and April for their talent. I have to say my most favorite is Ryan and Avery kissing...LOL, that is priceless!
hugs
MOMC

Lis said...

Sooo cute. Something about the second child, I cannot get mine to take a picture either. You have a beautiful family and you are looking skinny skinny!

Chelsie said...

I think they are WAY cute! And of course, you are as beautiful as ever!

Cristi said...

my fav is the one where you're throwing leaves! but they're all beautiful!

Leslie said...

Great pictures!!!! You are beautiful! I can't believe you have a little weight-loss ticker on your blog - you don't need to lose ANYTHING!!!

Skye said...

I love all of them!!! Your family is so adorable. You guys are going to be in SO SO much trouble when your beautiful girls get old enough to date! And Christy, you look great! Please tell me your secret. Having a baby and celebrating Halloween shortly after...not a good mix for a choc-a-aholic like me :)

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I love the family pictures!!! How cute with the melt down and all-makes you remember the moment.-Looks like you guys had a fun halloween too-love the pumpkin painting-you guys are always doing something fun!

Joanna said...

Those are just so cute! They did a good job with your pictures! I just had to laugh at some of the faces Avery was making. Oh my goodness, she is very funny girl. She is going to be a comedian when she grows up. How fun. I love all the fall colors in your shirts too. Way cute.

The Suttons said...

Very cute pictures! I love the one where Emily barfed-lol. You look gorgeous in every one too!

Nicole Leavitt said...

Darling pictures! You have such a cute family! :)

Tony and Shelly said...

The family pictures are just cute!!!! You look fab...

I hope to look like you again after I have Ashlyn, lol - It's going to take some work after all this bed rest...

Take care, Love ya