November 5, 2009

HaLLoWeEn

For Halloween we were a little late on buying pumpkins to carve this year but we still couldn't believe that every store would be out! We are such slackers. All they had left were little pumpkins. So we painted pumpkins this year instead. The girls had a great time anyway so that's all that matters.

And if you are wondering why they are shirt-less well, it's because I didn't want their shirts turned in a towel like their booster seats were...


Of course Avery always finds other ways to wipe off...
My cute little painted monster...

She thought she was pretty funny. And she would tell me, "Avery's funny. Ha Ha Ha Ha!" (all the while using this fake high pitch laugh).

Madi thought the more paint she coated on, the better the pumpkin would look...lol.
Emily's pumpkin


Then finally the most anticipated night was here and our kids transformed into something else for the night.

Madi became a ferocious Triceratops...


And Avery transformed into a cute bumble bee.
And cousin Colton turned into a good looking Cowboy.
(Those were some sweet wrangler jeans!)
Off they go!
Avery loved going (running) door to door and wanted to eat the candy right when it was handed to her...typical two year old! :)
Avery was too excited to pose for a picture...
It sure was a fun Halloween this year!
Happy Halloween!!

7 comments:

Skye said...

What cute kiddos!!! Halloween is tons of fun with kids. Avery and Asher sound similar in the fact that they wanted to eat the candy as soon as it was handed to them. Kids are funny!

Just Only Me said...

I love the pictures. Especially the family pictures!! You are so cute together.

Andrea said...

Your neighborhood is the best trick-or-treating ever! I love it.

Joanna said...

How fun. I could've guessed that Madi would be a dinosaur (one of her favorite things). And Avery makes the cutest bumble bee I've ever seen. Love it!

Unknown said...

Love the pumpkins! Kids and paint is always a fun mess. :) I love the costumes, so cute!
It was so good to talk to you too. I really do think we need to get together. Is that ok with Emily all? My feelings won't be hurt, I just miss seeing you!

Tammy said...

The girls and Colton are soooooo adorable! I bet they had a blast and I bet you and Ryan had a blast watching them stuff sugar into themselves and then crash. Ahhh, these pictures bring back memories of three little mischevious boys dressing up for Halloween and then crying because we wouldn't let them eat all their candy in one night. We were such mean parents!

Tammy said...

I also LOVE the pumpkins, what artistry! You are such good parents to let the kids be kids and express themselves on different mediums and themselves. They are too cute. Emily's pumpkin pretty much said it all, simple yet sweet.