October 7, 2009

ALL Smiles!


Emily is getting so big! It's hard to believe that in just 2 short weeks she will be 6 months old! She is probably about 10 pounds or more, just a guess as she hasn't been weighed in awhile. She is just a joy in our lives! (well maybe not at 2 am and 5 am every morning...hehe, jk. Even then she is a blessing!) She is starting to smile more and more and I love every minute of it. We hope to wean her feedings to once a night soon now that she is a big girl. We will see how that goes. She is still being seen once a week by an eye doctor to check her ROP, Retinopathy of Prematurity. So far so good. Many babies get what is called, Rush disease. If you would like to read more about it, you can go to this website:

http://www.schepens.com/retinopathy_of_prematurity.htm

The doctor is quite surprised that her vessels are still growing in the right direction, because it is uncommon for babies that have ROP to do so. Many times they need laser eye surgery. We are still not out of the woods, but we are hopeful that everything will be fine with her eyes. As of right now she is in stage 2, zone 3 for her right eye, and stage 2 zone 2 for her left eye.

Anyway, here are some pictures of Emily.



Look at those cheeks! LOVE them!

9 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

She looks so much like Ryan to me!! What a sweetie_I am glad she is getting big and chunky ;0-

Morgan said...

I can't believe how much she looks like a Hodges, now that she is looking big and healthy! I love her! I am so gald to hear things are going well, and hope they continues to do so!
Love you guys!

Skye said...

She is getting so big...I love it!!! I love all her smiles, she is so stinkn' cute :)

Rachel Schanz said...

So cute, i could just eat her up! :) what are you guys doing Friday morning(tomorrow)? up for visitors? I'll give you a call :)

Cristi said...

Oh my goodness!!! You guys she looks GRRREAT!!!!

Lis said...

What cute posts, I loved the one you wrote about being a mom. Emily is growing and beautiful. I am an obsessive vacuum user myself. It is my favorite household chore.

Tony and Shelly said...

Cuuuute smiles - Glad she is doing so well and that her eyes are still doing great!

Just Only Me said...

What a total sweetheart! She looks absolutely darling.

Unknown said...

So adorable! I can't believe how big she's gotten! What a healthy girl! :)