October 7, 2009

Being a Mom

Once again, I am sorry for the lack of blogging. I haven't had any motivation to blog. At all, really. I don't know why either-!? Being a mom is awesome. But also a lot of work. And when I finally get time to myself I either enjoy working out, reading a good book, or catching up on some much needed Zzz. I love reading everyone else's blogs, but my own blog has lost my attention. Sometimes I think, well if I just change the background on my blog maybe that will spark something in me to get me to blog. But when that doesn't work, I slowly slide out of the chair, defeated and sighing and hit the couch with a good book instead. What's my problem!?

So I am really pushing myself right now to sit here and type. Whatever comes to mind and let you all know (those that still check this dormant thing), that I am still here. Barely, but here.

I think I have just been utterly exhausted with everything lately. You know; cleaning the house five or more times a day (once you clean up one mess, another mess is already in the process...), the endless loads of laundry, making something suitable and healthy for dinner (or at least striving not to give in to cereal, waffles, or pancakes every other night). Scrubbing floors, or dried on spaghetti sauce on dishes left from the night before (yes, sometimes I don't get around to finishing the dishes, so sue me! haha. jk.), feeding, burping, changing dirty diapers left and right, cleaning up spilled...well, anything that can be spilled. Making lunches, and snacks in between and then cleaning that up. Giving baths, going to appointments, grocery shopping, and oh, I can't forget vacuuming! Vacuuming my whole house at least twice a day as you can see every little speck on our lovely green carpet, which drives me crazy. Seriously. (I vow now, that I will never again rent or buy a house with green carpet. And if I do, it will be the first thing to go before moving in). I wouldn't be surprised if I had OCD-obsessive compulsive disorder with how much I vacuum. Sometimes I feel the neighbors are peering over the fence wondering why the vacuum is always running.

We all know how exhausting it is to be a mom. Yet, I love it! I really do. I love being able to stay home with my kids. I am not the best mom in the world, but I think I am a good mom most days. Or at least I try to be the very best mom I know how. There will ALWAYS be things I need to work on, like the volume of my voice as it rises a few decibels when I get upset with my girls, or getting impatient with them after telling them to do something for the tenth time! But I truly love being a mom. And when I go to bed most nights I think, today was a good day; my girls and I laughed together, played games, had funny conversations at lunch or in the car, got many hugs and sweet kisses from them (never enough though!), heard many giggles as the girls played together, made Emily smile at least a dozen times-every one melting my heart, read great adventures in books, splashed and sang songs in the tub, felt the spirit during scripture reading and prayers.



Yes. Today was a good day.

And when I have days like this I can't help but get teary-eyed as I see all the beautiful things around me that I have been blessed with. When I am holding Emily in my arms, staring into her cute face the tears start to fall even before I know it. Or when I see Avery's big cheesy grin and those cute kissable cheeks as she is running towards me, or Madi's sweet whisperings to her sisters, I smile and take in as much of the moment as I can, because time goes by so fast and I wish I could remember everything. Every little grin, giggle, embrace, movement, sound and feeling. Even with all the endless messes, spills and vacuuming, I wouldn't trade these moments with my kids for anything! I LOVE being a mom and I try to remember not to take it for granted.



Yessssss! I did it!

I blogged.

7 comments:

The Suttons said...

You are an amazing mom!!!! I look up to you so much! Some days I feel like my kids hate me because I yell at them a lot on hard days. So I try to think of all my friends and what awesome moms they are and it helps. We are going to a movie or dinner on Saturday night-you should come! I don't have your number but mine is 479-8769. Sorry I haven't been a good friend at all! I sure think about you often!

Christy said...

oh Kara, I think you are the amazing one! I don't know how you do all that you do! Watching other people's kids every week with your own three and going back and forth from all the fun activities your kids are in! Wow. I am amazed by you! I feel bad I haven't seen or hung out with all you girls in so long! I have just been so TIRED. haha. I would love to go out with you guys this Sat though! I will for sure call you! Thanks Kara!

Skye said...

You are such a good mom!!! I look up to you tons! I think motherhood is one of the hardest most rewarding jobs in the world. Sometimes days become monotonous and I don't feel like I've accomplished anything...but I think the smiles on our childrens faces shows us that we are doing a good job. And your girls ALWAYS have smiles on their faces.

Keep up the good work Super Mom :)

Cristi said...

I was waiting for a new post! Thanks Christy~! You are the BEST!

Unknown said...

I have missed you tons. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well. Emily has changed so much. She's adorable. Avery is so big too! Her hair is getting so long! And of course Madi is so pretty! I love the post of Avery coloring on Madi. I laughed lots.
You look so awesome Christy! So beautiful as always. And you really are a great mom. I look up to you lots; I often(ok like every day) feel like the worst mom ever. I love being a mom, but I feel like I'm not good at it. I have lots and LOTS to work on. The last few days were pretty good though.
I sure hope you can make it to the girls night; I'd love to see you!

The Jones Foursome said...

Wow. That was a good post and I really appreciate all you said. I feel like too many people in the world today are negative about being parents or having kids, and it hasn't helped my own misgivings about being a good mom. I want to be, but I worry sometimes. Thank you for the impression you give of motherhood. Thank you for your reassuring words that all the hard work pays off, and that there is no other work more worthwhile. I needed that. =)

Joanna said...

You look so pretty and happy and the kids look so adorable. What fun pictures to have. I just love those days where you feel life is so good. They come few and far between, but I think they're meant for us to keep in our hearts and remember when things are a little hectic. love ya!