October 22, 2009

6 months and 3 days old!

Where has the month gone! I told myself I would do better about blogging and journal what we have been up to and blog a few times a week, then I get on here and realize once again I have slacked off.... and it's been two weeks with no blogging.

My excuse?

Umm...I'm tired? ;)


Things are going well. It's been busy, but I really can't pinpoint why. Life is just busy. I can't believe my baby is 6 months old! She is now about 10 1/2 pounds! She is such a happy baby and loves to be held. She does have a few hours a day where she cries non-stop if you put her down, so during those hours I hold her and she does fine. She is a good eater and sleeper for the most part. She still wakes up around 3:30am to eat, but now sleeps about 5-6 hours straight compared to 3, so that's been a dream-literally!

She has still been getting weekly eye exams and this week the doctor told me the vessels are still growing in the right direction. The doctor seems more and more surprised every week and so I asked him, is it uncommon for the vessels to do that. And he told me that he has actually never seen a baby to have ROP to not have the laser eye surgery by now. That for her eyes to be doing so well, STILL is a miracle. He told me, your prayers are working!
What GREAT news!!! Ryan and I continue to count our blessings everyday. What a miracle!


"That's cute mom."

"Haha! Now that, is funny!"

"You sound like a squeaky squirrel."

"Do you really have to pull that face mom?"

"Ok, mom. That high-pitched noise is really starting to get on my nerves..."

"Come on. Seriously. That's enough with the pictures mom."

5 comments:

Pattie D said...

Oh my goodness! She is a doll baby...what great news! Miracles do continue to happen.
Madi is just a beautiful little girl, how big and grown up she is, so glad preschool is helping her become more outgoing. Little Avery, what can we say, she just looks like she is full of life and keeps you on your toes!
Love you all
hugs
MOMC

Skye said...

She has grown so much since the last time I saw her! I love how full of life she is. And wow...what a miracle that she hasn't had to have eye surgery. You guys have one special little spirit in your home :)

Joanna said...

I love seeing the pictures of Emily. You can see her personality in her face! What a cutie!

The Suttons said...

She is so cute! I cannot believe it has been 6 months! it was good to see you the other night, but I wish we could have visited more.

Andrea said...

Just when I almost give up hope of ever reading another blog a la you, I get on here and see you have posted a whole cart-load of them! What fun! Sounds like things are going good. I am jealous that your 6-month old sleeps 5-6 hours straight. Mine never do that until I quit nursing (15 months). So glad to be done with all that.