September 9, 2009

Our Summer

(Warning: MEGA POST! I apologize that I was too lazy(or too busy!) to post these pictures and stories when they happened so I have combined our whole summer into ONE post!)


This year summer didn't start for us here in Pocatello until late June, early July! It rained most of May and almost the entire month of June! I love the rain. I really do, but THAT was a bit much. So hot summer days came late this year and it's inviting warmth and sunshine is already slowly creeping away leaving us with chilly mornings and sudden overcasts. Sure, I bet we still have a good month of nice weather before it gets bone chilling cold, but by no time we will be back on our frozen tundra. So soak in as much UV-rays and get all the vitamin D as you possibly can before it's gone!

Because summer was so short, (or at least to me it feels that way) I felt like we didn't get to do some of the fun summer activities that we had planned to do. Yet, now having the time to look back through all the pictures of the last couple months, I think we did have a fun-filled summer after all! I just might have been too preoccupied to notice, as Ryan and I were so busy traveling back and forth to Salt Lake to visit the twins, mostly Emily, every weekend, that it's been kind of...well, CRAZY!

But in between all the traveling, we did get to do a few fun things. So let's take a look back at what we did......................




We had a picnic with Grandma and Grandpa Graf then headed over to Hoogle Zoo! The girls had such a good time, they always do with grandma and grandpa! Avery liked Grandpa's hat...so cute!


Hoogle Zoo!

After the Zoo, we went out to dinner at PF Changs, one of our favorite restaurants. Such good food! Grandma Graf and Madi playing around.

Avery trying to eat with chop-sticks...uh, not quite Avery!
My cousin, Brian and his wife, Carmen (who I absolutely adore!) came to dinner with us too! It was so much fun meeting up with them and hanging out. When we went down to see Emily we sometimes would stay at their house in West Valley Utah. Thanks Carmen and Brian for everything! Love you guys!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The girls just love holding their baby sister. Madi is always asking, "Can I take care of Emily, Mom?" It's so cute to hear them both say, "It's OK, Emily" when she is crying. They love her to pieces!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


The girls got to be in a parade and everyone from primary decorated theirs bikes and paraded down the streets of Pocatello.

Here's Madi, Melissa and Maylee on their bikes.


We also decorate Avery's ride and she loved following the big kids down the street. Go Avery!
Madi helped decorate her bike and was so proud of it!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This summer we went exploring for rocks in the yard. The girls found rocks that they liked then we came inside to "make them pretty" as Madi would say and painted them!

Avery multitasking...


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also got to spend some time outside playing in the sprinkler. However, I am not sure the girls got wet much if at all, as Avery wouldn't go near it and Madi tried her best to avoid the water as much as possible trying to grab the ball from the sprinkler either by stretching over the water,
running around the water,
or ducking from the water.
Finally claiming victory by retrieving the ball and only getting partially wet.

Avery watching from the sidelines...
Another time we had our friends, Jordan, Skye and their cute little boy, Asher over for some sprinkler fun too!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On June 27th we went to the annual Newman Reunion. Every year it's held at Springville Utah. There are some really nice camping areas and we have a big breakfast and lunch. In the afternoon we have our traditional Newman auction, to pay for next year's expenses. Here's a goofy picture of me, with my dad's parents, my Grandpa and Grandma Newman. Eating, talking, eating, laughing, eating, playing, and ....oh, eating. :)




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A fun thing Madi got to do this summer was take swimming lessons for four weeks. She did very well and it was so fun watching her learn new swim moves, make new friends, splash and ultimately have fun! Her swimsuit literally swam on her. It is a size 4T, but she is just too skinny (wish I had that problem!) , so we had to tie it up every morning, making little fins on her shoulders! :)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This summer the girls also spent many hours running around the house as pumpkin and dog-?


They thought they were pretty cute, but I thought so too!

My lil' pumpkin!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also got to attend cousin Colton's Birthday in Rexburg. (This is my older brother, Adam's cute little boy). Colton turned two on July 28th! Happy Birthday Cole!

Cole and Aves eating some delicious bass...I mean cake. By the looks on their face, I would say it was pretty good too.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


The girls also spend many hours outside in the sand box, playing on the swing set and in their house. This was great for mommy too, as it gave mommy a much needed break! Here's a few cute pictures of the girls outside exploring, pretending and digging...



Madi loves to "help" dad mow the lawn.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And lastly, I took these pictures two Sundays ago and thought the girls looked so cute all dressed up for church!



Overall we had a GREAT summer and hope everyone else did too!

8 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

THanks for all the pictures and the great update-you guys were sure busy!!

Morgan said...

I mostly just looked at the pictures, which are al soo cute! I love looking at Avery and her "whatever" kind of faces. And yeah for Madi and preschool! Sadie starts today (its just once a week with moms rotating the teaching.) she saw Madi and said, "can I watch a Madi movie? She misses her friends, and so do we!
Did you get my email about the job chart?!
Love you all!

Andrea said...

It was an extra fabulous summer, wasn't it? But I always think that. I'll miss it.

Hey, and where are the pictures of that picnic you hosted?

Skye said...

It looks like you guys stayed busy :) Your girls are so cute. I love them in their dresses...I can't wait to dress a little girl but I'm going to be calling you for pointers! I bet Madi and Avery just love having Emily home. It's been fun being able to get together, Asher sure does love your girls!

The Suttons said...

Sounds like a fun summer! Yay for Madi loving preschool! Hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

What a busy crazy summer! I bet you guys are glad that things are settling down somewhat. :)
I love the pictures of the girls outside laying on the swings. They are such great friends, and it's obvious; so sweet.
I love the pics of the two older girls with their baby sister! The pics are just so cute.
Miss seeing you!

Cristi said...

oh man-- the ones of them on the swing together are toooo precious!

Joanna said...

How fun! That is so cute to watch those two play together. They obviously get along really well. I'm glad you guys had such a fun summer.