September 9, 2009

First Day at Preschool!

Today was Madisen's first day of Preschool. She was a little nervous she said but when she made a few friends and got to eat toast for breakfast she was all too excited to be going back tomorrow. Phew! That's good to hear. The whole time I was wondering how she was going to handle it as she is super shy and gets frustrated easily sometimes. But her teacher said she did wonderful and actually talked her ears off!

What? Are we talking about the same child? ;)


Madi will be going to school Tuesday through Friday, from 9:30am -1:30pm. They provide breakfast and lunch everyday! I am so excited for her and for the opportunity for her to be in preschool to grow and discover more about herself; her likes and dislikes and hopefully for her self-esteem and confidence to grow tremendously!

Madi writing her name.

Hi Mom.

This is one side of her classroom. I know, I know. I am such a dorky mom...bringing the camera to her class to take pictures of everything! I am sure all the other parents were saying, "oh please!" haha. I kept hugging and kissing her and finally one of her teachers said, "She will be ok, Mom. She will do just fine."
Me: "Oh , yeah. Right. I know."


12 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Way to go MAdi!! glad to hear she did so well:)-She is going to love school-what a cute pigtail.

Ashlie said...

Ok, Christy, this is just getting weird! ;) How do we have all these connections?! Your friend Skye is my friend Heather's sister! First Keith and now Skye... :D

Christy said...

wow, that is weird that we have so many connections like that! haha. small world I guess!

Andrea said...

Wow! That sounds like an awesome preschool! I think it goes longer than most kindergartens.

*Sheigh* said...

Thats awesome! Where are you taking her for preschool? She is getting soo big!

Leslie said...

That looks like a totally NICE preschool! And who serves breakfast and lunch!!! You have it MADE girl (or you little Madi dose :)

Sierra's fist day last week - I dropped her off (playground time for the first 20 mins) I was the weird mom lingering at the playground gates and then in my car driving back and fourth stalker-ish like because it was breaking my heart to see her staring down at the ground shuffling the pebbles beneath her feet all lonely like, while the other kids happily ran around her. You could have stuck a fork in my heart and turned it! The teachers kept looking at me so i finally drove away, praying she'd make fast friends. By the time I picked her up all was good and happy.

I dont' know if school is harder for the kids or for the parents!!

This is a really long comment! Madi is adorable and actually looks older than a preschooler to me :)

Hope she has a happy year!

Skye said...

Madi is growing up so fast! She looks like such a big girl sitting there writing her name. Go Madi!!!

Unknown said...

What great pictures. Madi look so grown up and she looks like she's really enjoying school. That's so awesome that she talked and talked. What preschool is she going to?

I love that you love to look at the 'smashed faces' post on my blog! It's one of my favs too...I look at those pics whenever I am in need of a laugh.

Cristi said...

go madi!!

Blake and Lara said...

Ahhh! Sweet little Madi! That preschool looks awesome! The one James goes to is held out of a ladies house, but the two teachers there are absolutely phenomenal. Our kids are getting TOO big! Hope everything else is going well with you guys!!

Joanna said...

So cute! It's so fun, but strange at the same time when your little ones start going to school and acting more grown up all the time. It's just one of those things that you get mixed feelings about.

Rachel Schanz said...

That's so exciting! I can't believe how fast our kids grow up!