August 31, 2009

I am ONE Lucky Gal!

Today marks 7 years of wedded bliss for Ryan and I. We were married on August 31, 2002 in the Boise Temple. Our wedding was planned pretty much in 11 days. I know! Fast huh? Though there are some things I wish we would have done differently on our wedding day, (my hair for one!) overall it was THE perfect day! I couldn't have asked for more. Most of our close family and friends were able to attend and afterwards we had lunch at the church. There Ryan sang and played a song for me on the piano, called "Close Your Eyes". He wrote this song shortly after we met. It is so amazing!! I wanted to share it with all of you because it is very special to me. (I will probably embarrass Ryan a little bit but I never get to brag about how amazing he is so here's my chance!)


Isn't that the most beautiful song?! Ryan is very talented and has wrote and recorded many more. Someday I will have to share a few more of my favorites!


We have had our ups and downs during the past 7 years like everyone, but continue to grow closer and more affectionate towards each other everyday. Ryan is truly my best friend. I feel so blessed to be sealed to him and that he picked me to marry out of the millions of girls that wanted him! ;) He is a wonderful husband and an amazing daddy to our girls!

So thank you babe for being mine! I love you so much!!!

22 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

what a sweet post-Happy Anniversary-HOpe you guys did something fun :)

The Suttons said...

That is so cool that he wrote a song for you, and a good one at that. Happy Anniversary!!! We will be having our 7 year right behind ya! Love ya-it's been fun to run into you a couple of times!

Andrea said...

What are blogs for if not to brag? Which reminds me, you have one more follower than I do.

Happy 7th! I hope you get to (or got to) do something fun to celebrate.

amy jane carpenter said...

Yay! Happy Seven! Cute post.

Skye said...

Happy anniversary! That was an amazing song, Ryan is very very talented!!! I wish you MANY more happy years together :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on your 7th anniversary! It's so fun to see your pictures with each pregnancy and baby. So amazing how far you come, ya know? I love your wedding pics; you looked so young! Not that you look old at all, but you know what I mean? You and Ryan both look so...innocent. :)
You guys are great! Hope to see more of you soon....is it ok to stop by sometime??

Carmen said...

Congrats! The song was amazing! Love ya all!

Ashlie said...

What a great video! That is a beautiful song :) Congratulations, Christy and Ryan!

Pattie D said...

Happy Anniversay guys...sorry I am late! You know we love you though
So I love that song even more to the pictures...I still remember you coming to the house, CD in hand, so excited about this new "boy" in your life...and my feeling then that we would be sharing you with him...
Awesome song, awesome couple, beautiful family.
Hope the next 7 are even better
love
MOMC

Joanna said...

You guys are so great together. Happy 7th! Remember, we're going to go to Europe for both of our 15th yr. anniversaries, right? :D
Love you guys! Hope you have another 50 or 60 years together.

KristaN107 said...

I love that song!!! I haven't heard in in sooo long! I'm so glad you created that slideshow in celebration of your 7 year anniversary! Now we can all share with you in your happiness. I LOVE YOU GUYS!! You are an amazing couple and family! Congrats on seven wonderful years. Can you believe its been that long aleady?

Morgan said...

Wow. You guys are old.
But we miss you and love you.

Christy said...

Thanks everybody!!

Chelsie said...

Super cool video and song! Congrats on 7 years!

Rachel Schanz said...

Awesome! Happy Anniversary! That song is amazing :)We would so love to watch your kids for you if you want a night out on the town :)

The Lorenc Family said...

Happy anniversary! You guys are still so cute together. We miss you tons.

My Story said...

You guys get better looking every year. What a cute video. I didn't know that ryan composed that song. How cool.

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

I have not been on blogger for months and I just had so much fun reading through all your posts! Happy Anni! You two are such a good and adorable couple. Dave and I just sat and watched your slide show and loved it. Were you an English major, because you can write! Yours is one of the few blogs that I get excited to see a lot of text. Also, way to go on your weightloss goals--I have no idea where the next 14 lbs are going to come from. You'll have to cut your hair really short and amputate a leg. So, good luck with that! Dave is wondering if Ryan still has to try to GAIN weight? We both wish that was our problem.

Lis said...

Gees Christy, if I ever need a self-esteem boost, I just read a comment you have left on my blog! You are the sweetest girl ever. I love your blog, you look BEAUTIFUL and you have the cutest little family. Thanks for making my day with your sweet comments!

Anonymous said...

How sweet! It gave me goosebumps! Congrats on 7 years :o)

Cristi said...

yep, there was no shortage of girls at the library crushing on him! lol! i love you guys!

Leanne said...

Great song! What a talented guy! Happy Anniversary!!!