July 18, 2009

Pioneer Celebration Day!

For me the celebration started off by running in a race. There were signups to do a 5k and a 10k run. Leanne, Angela (from the ward) and I signed up to do the 5k two days before, but when we got to the race to sign in, we decided right then to do the 10k instead. So instead of 3.1 miles, it's 6.2 miles. What's another 3 miles of good road?

Right before they yelled, "Ready, Set, Go!" the volunteers in charge told everyone that the race was actually a bit longer than that. *cough* Excuse me?

It was an 11k. An 11k?! I know… pretty uncommon, right? Usually races are a 5k, 10k, half marathon, or marathon. Yet, the course that the race was held at was just about 7 miles, which is an 11k.

Ok. Well then. What's another mile on top of the extra three miles I wasn’t planning on doing? Piece of cake.
Right!

Did I train at all for this?
Not one bit.

Was I nervous?
Not really.

Did I doubt my ability to do this?
Only for a slight moment.

Did I finish the race?
Yes I did! And I happy to say Angela, Leanne and I didn't stop running once! (Well, except to tie my shoe and jump and scream at the site of a snake not three feet away from where I going to step next. Luckily, the snake wasn't dangerous or poisonous. It was just a big garden snake, but it gave me quite the scare!)

Leanne, the running machine that she is, finished the race with an amazing time of 1 hour and 7 minutes. Good job Leanne!

Angela and I on the other hand, finished dead last out of like 20-30 people with a grand time of 1 hour and 32 minutes. But we finished. We were close to "dead" too, at the end, but we finished. And this was Angela's first ever race!

Do I ache beyond all reason now?
Absolutely.

Have I been limping around the house like a 90 year old woman ever since?
Pretty much.

Was it worth it?
Totally.


Angela~Leanne
My next goal: To run a half Marathon.
------------------------------------------------------
After getting home from the race and taking a much needed shower we took off to watch the Pocatello Pioneer parade! So many hours were put into the making of these floats, costumes and planning to make it special for the children and people of Pocatello. The theme for it obviously, was about pioneers, but it was finding “Joy in the Journey.” Which has been my motto for awhile now!
In the car, ready to go!
Hanging out snapping some pictures before the parade came marching down the street.
Looking cool in their shades, Madi and Avery eating a snack.


"Hi mom!" Madi was having so much fun, waving at everybody as they passed by and grabbing candy as it flew her way!


"Joy is Help From Above."

Hand carts
What a good looking bunch!

Awww...




The girls had a great time and we are glad we went this year, as we have forgotten to go the last two years in a row! We came away with big smiles, good feelings and a diaper bag full of candy! Swwweeeet.

13 comments:

Ashlie said...

Wow, nice job on the running, Christy! I'm very impressed :)

The parade sounds awesome. How fun! What a great day!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Wow christy you are amazing I would of passed out after the first mile :)-What a girl!! I am jelous of your parade-I think your parade people need to contact the edmond parade people!! Sorry we keep playing phone tag-I hope your doing well! love ya kimberly

Rachel Schanz said...

Amazing! That is crazy that you ran and without training! Your girls are so cute, what are you guys up to this weekend?

Skye said...

7 miles...that's awesome!!! You are going to have to whip me into shape this fall :) It sounds like you guys had a fun weekend, I love the pics of your girls with their shades on!

Chelsie said...

First of all---Wow! 7 miles? That is so intense, good job!! I would have died for sure!

Second of all--those sunglasses are to die for! SO cute!

Glad you guys had such a fun day! (even if you can't walk now!) :)

Anonymous said...

Those girls are the sweetest lookin pair ever. They are too cute!

Just Only Me said...

FUN!! What a fun memory you all made.

WAY TO GO on that little teeny short run of yours. My hats off to you! :)

Joanna said...

Way to go friend! You are a maniac. I just wish I could keep up with you now! Can't wait to see you (if not this weekend, maybe sometime this year). Love ya!

LeeAnn and Boys said...

yeah for us!!! I still can't believe that you talked us all into the insanity of the 11k. Sure glad we did it though! What a fun day! Make sure to brush those girl's teeth after their candy-wink!

Sarah and Adam said...

Go Christy! That's amazing! I love the girls in their shades! Miss you!

Leslie said...

Way to go girl!!! I can't believe you didn't even train & weren't nervous and then didn't even stop! I'm so impressed! Great job!!

Rachel Schanz said...

Thank you so much for watching Megan! You were a life saver!

Unknown said...

We are so excited for your family!!! Hope life isn't to crazy with 3 little ones.... Hey Patrick fixes computers all day long. He said he could help you with yours if you need (computer repair can be really expensive) Give him a call. YEAH FOR EMILY!