June 25, 2009

Weight Loss Goal

I got "premission" to exercise from my doctor two weeks ago. So I am really trying to get this weight off and just feel healthier all around. With Madisen and Avery the weight seemed to come off pretty quickly within a few days/weeks actually. I know, I know.... I am one of "those" girls. Well NOT anymore!! haha. This third pregnancy really got me. I think while being pregnant with Emily and Ethan I thought, "I can eat anything! Nothing will stick to me because there are two babies! It will ALL go to them." Well, I assure you that everything I ate STUCK to ME, not them. As you know the twins were only a little over two pounds together. Where did the rest of the 25 pounds go, you ask??
On my BUM.
See? Even the scale is "screaming" for Help...



I thought if I shared my weight goal to the whole world! (or at least to my peeps on my blog) it would be easier for me, (not saying you have to!) to lose this weight and get healthier. So now don't be bringing over any cupcakes, cakes, pies and especially cookies, cuz it won't be appreciated! Ok.... it will. But please don't. ;) I am making the commitment...tomorrow, or maybe Monday? haha!!! (No, really. I am serious about this. No jokes.) I need to follow through, this time. I want to do my body some good! WHOO-HOOO! So who's with me?!!! Anyone?
Hello?
.......ok. ;)
I am making this goal to lose this weight by November. I figure 4 months is a good enough time frame, to lose weight and get healthier. I know, I am being generous with myself. But if I try and do it in 1 or 2 months, I will probably fail. I just love chocolate chip cookies too much, ok?! :)

If anyone wants to do it with me, let me know!

15 comments:

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

I'm definatley in!!! I've been trying to loose weight from my first child (I know sad huh) for 4 years now...humf! I did great for about 3 months and lost almost 20 lbs but then fell of the wagon. Time to get back on and get modivated.

Pattie D said...

Good luck! I need to lose weight also...but I am not making any promises...no I just want to feel better and look better by next summer...30 year class reunion....
I laughed a little at your post, we were talking about this today driving into town...Just invision it taped to your butt...you know the bad stuff we eat...We were talking doughnuts, Krispy Kreme just reopened here. It'll will make you laugh and think about what you eat! LOL! Good luck
love and hugs
MOMC

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I am in!! I found this great website-Alex said it has been around forever,so you might already know about it but it is www.mypryamid.gov. It is so cool-When you go into your weekly planner and put in what you ate for the day it will calculate how many calories you ate, and what catergory it goes in-Makes you really aware of what you really eat!! Good Luck although I think you look pretty good already! love ya

Christy said...

wow! Kim, that website isreally cool! Thanks for sharing that with me!

Andrea said...

I run every night around 9:00 (prime sunset time) if you want to come! There are just fields behind my house, and I run along the canal bank - it's beautiful and peaceful. I still can't run far, but I think I kind of am addicted to it. Come on over!

Skye said...

Good luck! I will definately be jumping on the losing weight wagon here in a couple of months :). I'm worried about if this 2nd pregnancy will be nice to me in the weight department or not. I need to start eating healthy now, because I'm a sucker for chocolate chip cookies too! You will have to let me know all your secrets when it's time for me to lose the baby weight :). Good luck!!!

Nicole Leavitt said...

Good luck with the weight loss! I am right there with you! I need to lose the baby weight!!! Except we have family pictures in a few weeks and I really want to lose it all by then! Haha riiiiight! How is Emily?

*Sheigh* said...

I am in! I have been trying to lose the baby weight from Cody! And when I was on steroids I gained alot of weight and need to lose it! So I am soo in!

KristaN107 said...

HAHA... Christy, I seriously couldn't believe how GOOD you already looked when I saw you last weekend. I guess I have no sympathy for someone who totally looks hot and thinks they need to lose 20 pounds when I need to lose 20x10 pounds. hahaha... Just kidding friend. I TOTALLY SUPPORT YOU AND YOUR 20 LITTLE POUNDS! and I am in as well. I've already started a few weeks ago and am down 10 pounds already. You should start a weight-loss blog! And we could have weekly meetings... just a thought.
LOVE YOU! It was SOOO good to see you last weekend.

PS. FUnny comment: My word verification for your blog is the word "balas" which in portuguese means, "Candies"... what a coincidence with the whole weight-loss thing. haha

RORYJEAN said...

Wow- good job. I didn't even think about dieting until Apollo was over a year old- cookies are so comforting when you have a cranky baby to take care of. I hope I can find the self-discipline that you have with this next baby! Fattening sugary food is on of my greatest weaknesses.

Unknown said...

I think you look totally amazing! But I know how you feel about wanting to feel better about your self, I am in the same boat. I need to lose lots of pounds! I've been walking lots and riding my bike (we just got them last week and LOVE them! I even ride it to the park w/ the kids in the trailer!). Any time you want to go for a walk, let me know and I'm there. I'm not much of a runner though....at the track I try to run the curved OR the straight parts, but not every one...I'm SO outta shape. Good luck my dear!

The Suttons said...

I am not making any promises, but I am going to do it as well. I swear the third pregnancy gets everyone-I told you I still haven't lost my weight from McKenna and she is over 1! So sad, by the way, you look amazing, I don't know why you're worried! Love you!

Cristi said...

whatever-- you look fab in your pics!!!

Joanna said...

Okay, I'm with you. I need to loose about 20 lbs. and I think November is a great goal to shoot for. Thanks for getting me started. I can't wait to run a race with ya!

Tammy said...

I agree with the others. You look great but I totally understand. I was lucky in that I lost all of the baby weight with my three sons and then gained it back with drugs that treated an illness. I've never lost it all so this is a great time for me.

Since I will be up at your house soon we can support each other. I have so much to lose that I think that I will just focus on 5-10 lbs. at a time. We can do this!