April 8, 2009

First Sisters, Forever Friends.

Watching some cartoons in the early morning hours together. They always sit right by each other, often times (like in this picture) almost on top of one another.
When it's too cold to go out, Dad becomes their playground. The girls are constantly climbing and balancing on daddy. They love it, and I think he does too!

Madisen and Avery love going to Grandma and Grandpa's house (what grandkid doesn't!?) There, they get spoiled with lots of attention and treats! They also have "cooler" toys. My mom saved a lot of toys and has bought many more for the grandkids. She saved this barbie stuff from when my sisters and I were little, and Madi found the stash. I had to get a picture of this as this WAS the first time she has ever played with barbies. It didn't last long however, because as she was going through all the stuff she found a slinky and a snake that became WAY more "cool" than all the barbie stuff.


My girls, especially Avery loves bubbles. In fact the last few days that's the first thing she asks for when she wakes up! "Bubbles, peeese! Bubbles!" She knows exactly where they are kept and heads straight for the fridge while excitedly pointing and repeating, "bubbles peeese! Bubbles!" Makes me laugh.

One day I caught Madi and Avery sitting together. Madi was reading a book to Avery and they both seemed fully engulfed in it, as if nothing I did or could have said tempted them away from it! I thought oh, that's so cute. As I walked over to see what she was saying exactly and what she was reading, I couldn't help but laugh as the book she was reading was, "The Borne Identity", by Robert Ludlum. Must have been a interesting story! :)
These are just some cute pictures I took of them the other day, playing in the laundry basket. Madisen is very compassionate and worries about others feelings.
Sometimes Ryan and I will be joking around with Madi, and say stuff like, "Let's go to the store. Should we leave Avery at home?" Which then Madi will hysterically reply, "Avery wants to come too! We can't leave her."
Avery is our little sharer. We will give her a snack and she will come back empty handed, always giving her snack away to someone else.



I am grateful Madisen and Avery play so well together. They rarely fight and spend hours a day laughing, running around, pretending to cook, reading and just enjoying each other's company. Madi never asks anymore if someone can come over to play with her, because she and Avery play so well together. I am glad I had them pretty close in age, as they can entertain each other without constantly needing me. I know they will always be great friends.

5 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Little Avery is getting so grown-up looking :)-she isn't a little baby anymore :)-I am glad for you that they play so well together-it will be your greatest blessing in months to come haha love ya

Andrea said...

Cute pictures! I drove past your house yesterday (I drive past about every day on my way to/from Emily's) and saw your new van! Nice!

Tammy said...

They are so sweet! They remind me of three little boys named Ryan, Nathan & Sean. They were that way with each other. Thanks for sharing these sweet moments.

Chelsie said...

What a sweet post! Thanks for sharing, your pictures are so cute!

Unknown said...

What great pictures! So cute, sisters forever! Love it!!