April 8, 2009

Pregnancy Humor

I have days where I just need a good laugh. Especially during these long pregnancy months, where my stomach is growing so rapidly that everyday I am finding shirts and pants getting tighter and tighter and gaining weight in areas that I don't enjoy, causing lots of stretching. So instead of dwelling on those things (TOO much) I cannot change, I thought maybe some humor was needed today!



Is it okay?
A lady, pregnant with her first child, was paying a visit to her obstetrician's office. When the exam was over, she shyly began, "My husband wants me to ask you if its still okay..."
"I know, I know." the doctor said, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "I get asked that all the time. Sex is fine until late in the pregnancy."
"No, that's not it at all," Brenda confessed. "He wants to know if I can still mow the lawn."


Proper Exercise while Pregnant
The room was full of pregnant women and their partners, and the Lamaze class was in full swing. The instructor was teaching the women how to breathe properly, along with informing the men how to give the necessary assurances at this stage of the plan.
The teacher then announced, "Ladies, exercise is good for you. Walking is especially beneficial. And, gentlemen, it wouldn't hurt you to take the time to go walking with your partner!"
The room really got quiet. Finally, a man in the middle of the group raised his hand.
"Yes?" replied the teacher.
"Is it alright if she carries a golf bag while we walk?"


Sum Ting Wong
A Chinese couple named Wong had a new baby. The nurse brings them over a lovely, healthy, bouncy definitely Caucasian white baby boy!
"Congratulations," says the nurse to the new parents. "What will you name the baby?"
The puzzled father looks at his new baby boy and says, "Well, two Wong's don't make a white, so I think we will name him "Sum Ting Wong."



-Some Funny Questions and Answers-

Q: I'm two months pregnant now. When will my baby move?
A: With any luck, right after he finishes college.


Q: My childbirth instructor says it's not pain I'll feel during labor, but pressure. Is she right?
A: Yes, in the same way that a tornado might be called an air current.

Q: When is the best time to get an epidural?
A: Right after you find out you're pregnant.


Q: Is there anything I should avoid while recovering from childbirth?
A: Yes, pregnancy.


Q: Our baby was born last week. When will my wife begin to feel and act normal again?
A: When the kids are in college.


This cartoon is not about pregnancy, but I laughed when I saw it, as it reminded me of my own grandpa and little brother.

3 comments:

Jeff and Laura said...

I just love reading your blog. There's nothing like good old pregnancy jokes.

*Sheigh* said...

Those pregnancy stories/jokes are soo funny but yet so true! I always look forward to reading your blog and looking at the pix of your adorable family! Hope all is well!:)

Tammy said...

Too funny! I'm so glad that you can laugh even during the hard times. I admire your sense of humor and how not many things seem to get to you. We all have our moments but you seem to be able to see the good in everyone.