February 2, 2009

Who gets you dressed?

With being sick a lot lately, Ryan has been such a great help in getting the girls ready for the day. As much as I appreciate his willingness to help out with the girls, I think, however, he lacks the eye for fashion. This is how I found the girls dressed after he had gotten in their dresser drawers...

at least the top and pants are both of the purple hue...?


showing off her tummy...as usual.

hmm... something looks strange? Summer already?



yikes! Hopefully not a new Hodges' fashion trend.

I have always wondered if there was some sort of signs or stickers that you could buy and place on a child's back when going to the store that say something like:


"DADDY got ME dressed today..."


OR


when your child finds some crazy outfit and puts it on by him/herself:



"I got MYSELF dressed today!"



That way mother's across the world won't feel so embarrassed or guilty when they go to the grocery store and they get a million and one stares, as their child looks similar to these previous examples. You can just simply point to the LARGE sticker/sign on the back on their shirt and shrug it off. And everyone will nod in understanding.



Hmm...new invention possibly?

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Oh my! I had a good laugh with that one! Only because that situation is all too familiar to me! I think the sticker idea is a keeper!

Pattie D said...

I don't think we need stickers, every mother knows that child was dressed by the father or themselves and the fathers that see that child are thinking....dang that dad did WELL! I think people gawk because the Dad's are checking out how to dress their darlings so well and the mothers I looking and feeling a huge sense of empathy for the mother who had to take those children out. My personal favorite is Dad's who do little girls hair....okay so the get A's for effort...RIGHT!
Love and hugs
MOMC

The Suttons said...

That is so funny Christy!! I was laughing so hard! I actually found a short at Walmart last year that said, "If I don't match it's because my daddy dressed me". I actually bought that one for Tyson because Troy does the same thing, he has gotten a lot better though. Fun post!

Unknown said...

How hilarious! I totally know what you mean about dads not being into fashion. Kevin has dressed Saylee in some pretty funny things. Gotta love the help though. :) Cute pictures.

Cristi said...

LOL! I feel the same way when Alan gets the girls dressed. He just throws on the first thing he can find-- regardless of the season or the weather or if it matches. LOL! You gotta love dads!

Usually Kristen sometimes Kevin said...

Let's add a hair clip that say's "my daddy was in charge of my hair today". The purple outfit cracked me up because just today I had to explain to Kevin there are different shades and they don't automatically match. And when do we get into the polkadots and stripes lecture? (Poor men)