January 24, 2009

New due date and ultrasound pictures

I had an ultrasound appointment on Thursday and I am happy to say I have a new due date, not that it matters all that much because with twins and having Madi and Avery early I am sure I will go much earlier than my due date, but it's nice to know I have less time than I actually thought. My due date is August 9th, but the ultrasound tech said they would probably be born July 9th or earlier. Four kids in four years...Crazy. And I thought life was crazy now, I have no idea what it's going to be like in just 5-6 months! Anyway here are more pics...


Baby A...Baby B...

Both A and B...(haha, it's funny calling our babies by letters in the alpahbet but for now that's what they are called. I should come up with something a little more...creative.) Anyway, this is a top view of both of their heads just chillin' side by side. My mom and Ryan were both there with me during the ultrasound because they, along with me, still couldn't believe there were two! They are each only about two inches long, but they were wiggling around so much, that it was weird to not be able to feel a thing! It was definitely fun to watch and ask the Ultrasound technologist lady questions about everything.

17 comments:

*Sheigh* said...

Christy...Soo adorable! I cant really say I know how you feel about being over whelmed with all of this cuz I dont but I do know that you are a wonderful mother and I know that you will be okay with all of this! I would honestly say that I would freak out too if I was in your position! I havent been in the best of health but if you ever need to talk I am here for ya gurlie! Love ya!

The Lorenc Family said...

AWWWWESOME!!!!!! I am still so excited! I think of you all the time. A and B are adorable!

RORYJEAN said...

Wow! Twins... I'm amazed that women can have TWO in there at once. I hope your pregnancy is smooth, and I know if anyone can handle four kids in four years, it's you.

The Suttons said...

Cute-I love ultrasound pictures, I think I have almost cried at every one of my kids' ultrasounds-they are such a tiny miracle!! Congrats again!!

Just Only Me said...

Doubley sweet! Can't wait to hear more about them!

Usually Kristen sometimes Kevin said...

Christy, congrats, I loved seeing the ultrasound pics and then laughing about Baby A and Baby B. Your blog is probably one of my favorite blogs to read because it reminds me so much of you. We still have the intentions to see you guys sometime, but it is a matter of getting across the state. haha. Anyway, glad life is going good for you guys and we look forward to future posts/updates.

Unknown said...

How amazing! See, there really are two babies in there! I am so happy for you and your family. What a huge blessing to have two more angels join the Hodges family.

Andrea said...

Finding out you're further along than you thought? Unheard of! How fabulous! I think you should shoot for the 26th of July. I'm a bit partial to that date.

Cristi said...

I am so excited for you! July 9 is my birthday so I'm rooting for that! Or July 8 which is Emma's!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Wow-that seems like it is right around the corner :)-Hope is goes fast and easy for you-can't wait to find out what you are having-keep us posted :)=love ya

Sarah and Adam said...

Holy Moly! That's going to come quick! Pretty exciting!. Love ya!

The Moore Family said...

Wow! That is some pretty cool stuff! And it is always great when they move your due date up!! I just can't wait to find out what you are having!!! HOpe to see ya soon!!

Joanna said...

That is such a beautiful sight! I'm so glad that you were so blessed. What a fun time it is to see them moving and their little heartbeats. I love this stage (even though you feel like you're going to loose your lunch any second). Keep up the good work!

Jeff and Laura said...

How exciting! I just love ultrasounds...isn't just crazy how they start out! Congratulations again and good luck with everything.

Nicole Leavitt said...

so i am slightly jealous..twins would be so so fun!!! when do you find out the sex?

Tammy said...

We called Ryan "Bilbo." Back in the late 70's, when Ryan was born, we had heard several people refer to their unborn children as "Bozo" and we thought how silly and unimaginative so we came up with a name we thought was better... Bilbo Baggins is far better than Bozo the Clown! Sorry Ryan.

Tony and Shelly said...

so amazing...