January 22, 2009

Some Goodness

How to eat a bowl of Macaroni and Cheese
By Avery
First you have to get rid of the spoon. Yep. Just toss it aside. Why? Because the spoon just slows you down. Take it from me, you can get more macaroni in your mouth without it, in less time too!

Then don't be affraid to go head first into your bowl. At first it seems... well, unnatural. But really it's the only way to go.



Once you get the hang of it you can really get a lot by tipping the bowl up and getting right into the middle of the Goodness! "The cream of the crop", that's what I like to call it!

However, make sure you don't forget to take a moment and reflect upon the goodness thereof, by savoring the delicious flavors of both cheese and noodles mixed together so gracefully. Mmmmmm, so good! (eyes rolling into the back of my head)


And lastly, if you have any left over (which is a hard thing for me), it is always nice to offer to share with others...


So there you have it, boys and girls! The RIGHT way to eat a bowl of Macroni and Cheese. Now, hurry and go get you a bowl!!!

13 comments:

Joanna said...

That's hilarious! Someday you'll both look at those pics when she's all grown up and wonder how you ever kept her clean for a day!

*Sheigh* said...

That is soo adorable!!! That is Peyton right there!:) I cant believe how big she has gotten! Soo cute! Love ya gurlie!

RORYJEAN said...

Haha! I cracked up at this one. Very funny. Can you imagine if we ate like that as adults? I guess some of us still do, but it's not as cute for grown-ups to do. I love her little bow- she's so cute!

Unknown said...

Those pictures are priceless! I love them! What a funny girl! Avery has changed so much...she's not looking like a baby anymore; she's a big girl! She's adorable.

Andrea said...

Cute Christy. How do you manage to feed your kids, do their hair, dress them, clean up after them, write cute blog posts, AND be sick and pregnant? I can't even do those things (well, at least the doing their hair - my poor children) when I'm feeling great. You're amazing!

Christy said...

Andrea...these picutres were taken in Dec at my parents house. I haven't posted pictures of the kids in awhile for grandma and grandpa. So just so you know, before you think I did all that, my mom made the macaroni for her and I am pretty sure Ryan got her dressed. What I did...take the pictures!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Your post are always so entertaing-I love the stories :)-Avery is such a cutie :)

The Lorenc Family said...

I will pass this info on to Tommy. That is his favorite food. He will appreciate the wisdom! haha!

The Suttons said...

How cute! Avery is getting big! Missed you at the playdate the other day!

Chelsie said...

Gosh..... had we only know! We had Mac and Cheese the other day, too bad Keith and I weren't clued in!

Your posts are always so funny Christy!

Hawkins Family said...

So cute! I still have a hard time getting Carter to use utensils because they really do slow you down! He's getting better though just this last week because I started letting him use the real stuff. Not that fake plasticware that doesn't pick up a thing! Hope you're feeling better. Glad to hear there are drugs that can help!

Anonymous said...

Leave it to a Newman...

Tammy said...

That sounds about right. Avery's method is reminiscent of Uncle Nathan's Spaghetti method. Although according to Uncle Nathan the more you get in your ears the better! As a mother I can tell you that Spaghetti sauce can hide a lot better than I ever imagined. I'm sure that cheese sauce is similar. Go Avery!