February 19, 2009

-TAG-


The TAG is to upload the 4th picture from the 4th folder in your picture file and talk about it...


Born April 21, 2005

This is a picture of Madisen five days after she was born. She came exactly 6 weeks early and weighed 4lbs 15 oz., and had to stay in the NICU for two weeks. This picture is of me holding her and gavage feeding her -through her nose. She was too small to drink from a bottle or nurse so every three hours (or as much as I could) went up to the hospital with Mom Graf to feed and change her. Then depending on what was going on we either headed back home or waited another three hours to do it all over again. Luckily, the hospital was only about 5 miles away from where we lived so we could easily go back and forth to be with her. And it wouldn't have been possible without the help of Ryan's mom! We only owned one car at the time, so she was able to come up with Grandma Gilmore's truck and take me back and forth from the hospital everyday. Madisen had jaundice pretty bad- as you can probably tell in this picture and had to be on oxygen for over two months. But I will always remember that she got to come home on Mother's Day!
I tag anyone who wants to do this!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Well, at least you are already NICU trained! You will need to know all that stuff! Hope you are well and can't wait to get back and see everyone!

Andrea said...

How scary. That's so nice that the hospital was close and that you had such good help.

I would do this tag, but I don't have any "folders" of pictures. Instead they are all on my desktop. One of these days I need to get them organized.

Tammy said...

What fun and scary memories. I remember how tired you were as we traveled to the hospital every three hours day and night until you realized that you had to get some sleep every once in a while. I remember how hard it was to get any rest and how guilty we feel to leave our babies alone in the hospital for any length of time.

I remember doing the same thing with Ryan, he was 9 weeks early and only 3 lbs. 6 oz. and I had to travel from Rigby, ID to Idaho Falls every day and just spend the day at the hospital. It was such a blessing to be able to bond with you and Ryan over this similar experience. I can't wait to come up and help with the twins.