February 14, 2009

Potty Pros...well soon to be!

(I blurred out the pictures to give the girls some privacy)
About a month ago, Ryan suggested that we get out the old potty chair that Madi used when she first started potty training to see if Avery would catch on before the twins are born. (We really don't want three kids in diapers!) Avery follows Madi everywhere, so everytime Madi went in to go potty, Avery would follow her in there. The last month Avery has been sitting on her potty chair...just with her clothes on. We kept praising her and would also give her an M&M or half of a licorice each time she sat on her potty. But then it got to the point where Avery would just go and sit on the potty every five minutes just to get an M&M...smart kid. (Hey, if that's how I get candy, then sure, I will sit on this thing all day!)
A few times I even caught Avery wiping her pee pee with toilet paper then trying to wipe Madi down. Madi would start laughing so hard while then making Avery bust up!
The past two weeks I thought ok, let's try taking her diaper off now and seeing if she will go pee pee. She has now gone countless times on the potty and I am so excited! Of course we still have a long way to go to train her, but she getting the jist of it down pretty quick and I hope we can get her to be a pro before the twins are born.

15 comments:

*Sheigh* said...

We are in the process of potty training Cody and he is doing a great job. Peyton is soo adorable she things she needs to go potty now so I will go and sit her on the toliet and she will tell us when she is done. She has only peed in the potty once but hey its a start right? Good luck on getting her trained! Love ya!

Morgan said...

haha! Good luck with gettin that done before the twins are here! haha! I'm very impressed with her! She is watchin her sister, and you really could have a pro pee-er! hope so for your sake!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

I hope she picks it up fast for you-that will be nice to have her potty trained before the twins come!! What a great accomplishment Avery way to go!!

The Suttons said...

That is so amazing!! She is younger than Tyson and he still isn't potty trained, I swear I will have the oldest kids in Idaho that still wears diapers-I will have to like special order them-hahaha. Anyways-that is so exciting!!!

RORYJEAN said...

Wow! Impressive! This sounds exactly like what we are attempting with Apollo- we also give him an M&M if he pees on the potty. I know it will probably be another year at least before he's potty trained, but at least he's starting to figure it out. Yikes- three kids in diapers! That's a scary thought!

Also, I love how you blurred out parts in the picture- that made me laugh. :)

Andrea said...

We have a little boy who does the same thing. I am putting off potty training because I don't know how to potty train a boy.

So, I heard you're having at least one boy! Congrats! Do you get to find out the sex of the other baby soon?

Shantaila said...

Great job! You are so awsome!

The Moore Family said...

Love the potty pictures! And way to go Avery! I've heard a lot of stories of younger siblings learning from their older ones!
(I also heard you got to talk to some of the young men when you tried calling our cell the other day! How's the car shopping going?) Hope all is well and hope to see ya soon! ARe you coming to the Stake enrichment activity on Thursday???

Unknown said...

They are so cute! Good job on the blurring! So funny. That would be so awesome if Avery was potty trained before the twins came! I think she can do it, still have a few months. Your girls are dolls.

Blake and Lara said...

What a good idea! Three kids in diapers would be a bit much. I'm sure anything that could make your life easier with twins will be welcome. I hope I get to potty train Bethany before we have one more child. We can't wait to see what you guys are having! Hope all is well with you!!

Joanna said...

Okay, I just have to say how nervous I have been to start potty training Brooke. But knowing that Avery has gone on the potty and seems to be doing great helps me to be brave and give it a go. That's so exciting!

Just Only Me said...

Cute gals! Love the pictures.

Tammy said...

Boy does this bring back memories! I remember Nathan following Ryan everywhere and then Sean following both of them everywhere. If you are as lucky as we were you won't even have to potty train the twins - Madi and Avery will do it for you!

Cristi said...

I hope Avery gets fully trained in time! 3 kids in diapers! aHH!

Ben and Terah said...

Wow, How old is Avery? This makes me think I should start potty training my little one??? The sooner the better!