January 5, 2009

CHrIsTMaS!

For all those(2 people) that were wondering, "How did the Hodges spend their Christmas?" Let me tell you the tale...
We had Santa come a day early to our home, (yes, you can have the BIG guy come to your home early if you put in a special request) that way we could have an extra day to spend with my brother, Adam and his wife, Genn and their little boy Colton. They were flying out the day after Christmas to be with Genn's family. So to make sure we had a day with them, Santa came early to our home. So here's just a few pictures of the girls on Christmas Eve morning opening their presents. Madi was very excited to see all the presents Santa brought. Avery's favorite gift was a baby that giggles and shakes. She loves it and giggles right along with it.


After cleaning up Christmas, we took off to Rexburg to spend the rest of the week with my family. And this was a typical day during our week in a nutshell...
We (Ryan, Josh, April, Adam, Randy, my Dad, and Celeste) built this awesome sled ramp off the roof of my paren'ts house to sled down. I didn't add any contribution to the construction of this amazing sled hill/ramp with being sick but it was fun to watch everyone else on it!
Here's Madi with Uncle Randy sledding down. They went easy with her and didn't go clear to the top of the roof!
Aunt Celeste and Madi going down

Madi enjoying the snow with her aunts, uncles and grandpa! (I don't know how many pairs of gloves I have bought her and they have all gotten lost...to many to count!! So socks were the next best thing.


We played ROOK, Settlers of Zarahelma, and Scum most of the week. We love board games and card games in my family and we are all very competivite. Too much sometimes, it can get pretty scary-! :)
We also chowed down on delicious food all week! My mom is a awesome cook, and if it wasn't for all the throwing up I did because of the pregnancy, I would have easliy gained ten pounds!
My family got Guitar Hero for Christmas so there was lots of noise going on...here's Madi jammin' out.
There was also plenty of lounging around and watching movies. Here's Avery getting a full body massage on my dad's massage chair. She really enjoyed that!

And what's a better way to end the FUN day, then a nice hot relaxing bubble bath? (well, minus the relaxing hot-bubble-part. Instead add LOTS of splashing done by Avery while Madi gets mad.)


We hope everyone had a safe and wonderful Christmas this year!!!

13 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

Wow! I am so jeallous of the ramp!!! What a fun family you have! Also, Cameron and I are addicted to settlers of Catan (almost exactly the same as settlers of Zarahemla). If we ever get together, we need to play a game.

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

SOunds like you guys had so much fun!! I wish I lived closer to my family :)-I love the sled ramp what a fun idea :)

Cristi said...

You guys must have been really good this year to have Santa make a special trip to your house early! Wow! :)

Morgan said...

haha! your christmas sounded a lot like ours...lots of games, food, guitar hero, and laughs! no throwing up, glad to say...but ays full of two babies, which you will soon enough enjoy. :)
my fam made a slide off their deck...funny! i wonder if they took the idea from each other... :)
hope all is well!
hugs!

The Suttons said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! Sorry you were sick-oh the joys of pregnancy......I have been thinking about you and want to do something nice for you so if you get a surprise visit-I'm sorry in advance!!

Andrea said...

I'm sorry you were sick during Christmas. I hate being sick. But I guess there's no other way to get those babies here...at least not for some of us. If nothing else, it's a good reminder for me that I don't ever want to be pregnant again - which came just in time, since one of my friends just had a baby yesterday, and snuggling her made me a little baby-crazy. So thanks for that.

Joanna said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love the ramp you guys made from the roof. That sounds like something my brothers would do (well they did when we were younger). Funny, huh?

KristaN107 said...

Ooohhh... seeing all that snow makes sweating in the hot sun all day long not seem so bad. hahaha... just kidding. I do miss snow, sometimes. That ramp was awesome. The Newmans are a creative bunch!!! How are you feeling? Did you ever find out a due date?
Love ya and miss ya.

The Moore Family said...

Christy and her family competitive?? No way!! Do you always win when you play with your family?? Glad you guys enjoyed the holidays. Your family looks like they are so much fun! Have a great day!

Sandie said...

We too LOVE Rook and Settlers...and we too get way too competitive! Maybe one day we will meet in person and have a rook challenge :)
sandie

Just Only Me said...

I'm heeeeeeere! Jetlagged and everything. Back to the world of blogging....

The ramp at your parent's house is seriously sweet! Hopefully any bones weren't broken with those sweet moves you guys pulled. And that dinner was picture=perfect. Glad you were safe driving on slick roads; I remember the fun of being stuck somewhere one the side of the road in Eastern Idaho in the dead of winter. Good times!

Just Only Me said...

Hey, congratulations, by the way!! So tickled for you! Twins will be a blast!

Hawkins Family said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. That snow ramp looks incredible!