December 30, 2008

Expecting the Unexpected

I haven't blogged in so long, I almost forget how to. I'm at a lost for words right now, (I know, is that even possible?!) I start blogging and then delete it with frustration, thinking, "I am just not cut out to be a blogger." haha. (Poor me, I know.) I started writing about Christmas and how fun that was, but I am not in the mood to post that right now...I will soon. Then I thought, oh I could write about something cute Avery and Madi did the other day, but then think, no that's probably dumb. (As a parent you think everything your child does is cute!) I just haven't had the "blogging spirit" I guess. (If that's not a phrase, it is now.) Anyway, I am ready to come away from my pity party and I know once I start posting I will enjoy it...again.

So some of you know that we are expecting. Yep. Just found out two weeks ago. (Thanks!) Usually people don't say anything until after 12 weeks, just to make sure everything is ok and what not, but those of you that know me well, know me well enough to know, I am not too good at keeping surprises- surprises very long. haha. I can keep secrets, it's surprises I am not good at. Take Christmas for instance:



Me: "Hey honey, I got you this really cool gift!"


Ryan: "Oh yeah, what is it?"


Me: "I am not going to tell you! BUT I know you will like it cuz you said you wanted a new pair of sweats, but these ones are awesome cuz it says, Boise State down the side!"



See? Pretty pathetic, huh? Yeah...I am getting off on a tangent here...it's cuz I forgot how to blog. haha.


Anyway, we are expecting a baby. However, we were not expecting TWO babIES. Yes, we (ME) are pregnant with twins. (!!!!!!!!)
K, first we don't even have twins in my family anywhere or on Ryan's side. Second, we never gave it a second thought as to ever having twins cuz it was JUST never possible. (!?) So you can imagine my reaction when the nurse practitioner informed me for the 8th time, that yes, there are indeed TWO different babies/TWO heart beats and TWO sacs..? on the ultrasound, jaw dropping to the floor, tears spilling over without permission to do so, and the bawling continues as the nurse hands me kleenex after kleenex until the box is half gone. *Just add it to the bill.
Oh and then things go from bad to worse, I was sitting in the waiting room after, waiting to get my blood drawn, when some fool (ok, he was probably a super nice guy) decides it would be great to request a country song at that exact moment about how "anything is possible and anything can happen once..." That just made me cry even harder. People passing by probably thought, "oh dear, this poor girl isn't going to make it..."
I am still stunned. I feel like I just got punched in the stomach and I am still coming up short for air. I know twins isn't like unheard of, a lot of people and friends of ours have either had twins or are having twins, but honestly for me, I thought it was.

So here they are! The dynamic du-o! It's a pretty blurry picture, sorry. I took a picture of the picture. But you can see the TWO different sacs. Let's hope for a boy, so I can be done with pregnancy! Ryan wants to name them Luke and Laya (not really) if it's a boy and a girl, but we won't know what they are for another 10 weeks or so. We're hoping for at least one boy.

28 comments:

Andrea said...

Like I said, wow! Congratulations! And, while I'm sure it's not all fun and games, it's two for the price (one pregnancy) of one. And, if I remember correctly, you don't like being pregnant so much, so this might be just the ticket for you! I hope you feel well and strong and everything goes splendidly.

Leanne said...

Wow!! Congrats!! I'm sure that twins will come with their own set of challenges, but also their own set of blessings! What an exciting adventure!!!

Pattie D said...

Oh dear...Congratulations to you and Ryan! Hang in there, and I hope you have at least one boy in the belly. So when are you due exactly and how are you feeling? Take care of yourself sweetie, you will be in our prayers
hugs
MomC

Usually Kristen sometimes Kevin said...

Christy, That is awesome. See, Kristen always wanted to have twins so that you get twice the "work" done with only one of the pregnancies. haha. Well, I am totally excited for you. You will have to keep us updated and sometime when we make it over your way we will have to stop off and see you guys. Hope life is treating you better now and the twin thing soakes in. Take care and I love reading your posts, even if you think your getting rusty at it. haha.

Unknown said...

I know I talked to you on the phone...but I just wanted you to know how excited I am for you guys. I can't imagine the shock that you are still feeling. You are such an amazing mom and person and I know that you will be so amazing with these twins. That's why Heavenly Father is sending them to you; he knows you can handle it and that these babies are so blessed to be in your family! You are awesome and I am so excited for the up coming months to help you out! Always aske me for help if you need it, ok??

Emily said...

YEA! That is great news!

Nicole Leavitt said...

I just love how real and honest you are! You know it will be hard but are readying yourself to handle this head on, and two beautiful babies will come as the reward! Congrats again and I'm looking forward to the weekly updates of the pregnancy. Ya..I said weekly! ;)

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

Congrats Again!! :)

Heidi Nielson said...

Sounds like an adventure... I know I would be scared to death if I heard twins! But, hey, it could be worse. My cousin and his wife just had TRIPLETS!!!!
I'm excited for you guys!

The Suttons said...

Christy!!!! Holy cow!!! Congratulations! You are such a good mom-I am sure you will do great-if you need anything at all please call me, dinner, take your girls for a day, anything at all!! Anyways-I am sorry for you and excited for you-I am sure you are in for lots of adventures in your house! :)

The Harwood Family said...

OH my gosh! I can't believe how many people I know that hare having TWINS! Crazy stuff! Good luck! That's pretty exciting news!

Morgan said...

sigh...guess you should never make fun of people...never say never! if you can get through the pregnancy (which you can and will, cuz you have to!) then you can get through the rest...call if you want. hope you will comfortable enough doing that. im here, and i might be able to help in some way!
hugs
morgan

RORYJEAN said...

WOW! TWINS?!?!?!?!?! That must be the shock of your life, but if there is anyone cut out to handle two babies at once, it is you. Congrats! Heavenly father probably just knows what great parents you are and thought twins would be an easy way to make you have more :) I pray that the pregnancy goes smoothly and I'm very excited for you!

KristaN107 said...

WOW!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I didn't even know you were pregnant, let alone with TWINS!! Jorge and I just spent new years with a family who has 8 month old twin girls, and they are SO adorable! When are you due? When will you find out what sex they are? How are you feeling? haha... We are both excited for you. Love you tons!!!

The Moore Family said...

Hello my friend! I'm still trying to figure out the difference between secrets and suprises.....??haha just kidding! The sweats story made me laff! But good job on picking out Ryan some sweet sweats! Wear em' with pride! Anyways - once again congrats! I don't really have any words of wisdom except for what Elder Wirthlin said in the last General Conference "Come what may...and love it." You are an amazimg person and I'm excited to go through our pregnancies together -even though they are a little different now...!- I really hope you get a boy and a girl...probably cuz i've always wished I had a twin brother! Well call us if you wanna come over this weekend Ryan can watch football, the girls can play, and we can chat! Happy New Year!

Cristi said...

I LOVE the Luke and Laya idea!!! ;) You guys will be sooo awesome! Are your parents jazzed?

Jeff and Laura said...

Christy....Christy....Christy! I am soooooo excited for you guys. My brother and my sister each have a set of twins and boy is it fun! Yeah it is work but so is having one, right????? You are going to be one great mama of them. I just can't believe it! If you want to talk to someone who has twins let me know my sister's are only 2months old right now...it is all fresh on her mind. I just want to say, again, I am so excited for you! And I am crossing my fingers for at least one boy!!!!!

Joanna said...

I know I've said it before, but I am so excited for you guys! It's going to be so awesome and I can't wait to the little cuties! I hope you feel decent and are getting through it all. I wish I could come over and help! But I'm with you in spirit, right? Love ya tons!

Blake and Lara said...

WOW! Congratulations you guys! What is it with Pocatello and twins? Now I for SURE think it has something to do with the water there. I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy and that you are hanging in there Christy! What a wonderful family for these two precious babies to come to!!

Genny said...

Wow, Congratulations! Before you know it, you will not imagine your life without twins. that's awesome.

Jessica Adams said...

It's like a Cedar 1st ward thing! Twins come out of our ward like crazy...hence my hesitancy for pregnancy! :) ha! ha! I hope you get at least one boy! Yah for maybe not having to be pregnant again! :)

Sarah and Adam said...

Yeah! I am so glad you aren't keeping this secret! It's so fun to share in the excitement! Can't wait ti see if there IS a boy in there!

KristaN107 said...

Oh and I'm rooting for the Luke and Leah naming of the twins also! haha... a co-worker of mine back in Boise named her baby Luke Sky. haha, and their last name? Walters.
Fun!

Anonymous said...

oh my heck girlfriend... my jaw dropped also after reading and hearing the news!!! So fun for you guys tho... I know you can do this... and do it well... I can't wait to hear more! gosh where have I been!? Girl you're great!

Sandie said...

WOW!!!! What exciting news... As someone who is mom to a big family (6 kids)...I say, the more the merrier!!! Congrats on the news!
Sandie

Jared and Jill Turner said...

WOW! Apparently I need to keep up on my blogging because I've missed all the exciting news. Congratulations...and if it makes you feel any better, our friends just found out they are having Triplets?!?!? Hope you start feeling better soon...

Hawkins Family said...

Oh my goodness Christy! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you. I know I would surely be nothing short of shocked and scared and excited and everything in between to find out I were pregnant with twins. If anyone can do it it is you! I'll hope for at least one to be a boy for you. Boys are fun! I hope you're feeling well and that things go smoothly for you. By the way...you're a GREAT blogger! You actually put thought into yours and are clever...mine, not so much...just boring this is what we did-here are some pictures.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'm not quite sure how I would handle news like that, I would defently cry. Patrick says good thing is Christy and Ryan cuz they can handle it. Good luck!