November 30, 2008

Thanks for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is such a special holiday to remember to be thankful for everything we have. I am so grateful for this holiday and to remember to give thanks for all the blessings I have been given. I wish I could say I remember and feel gratitude everyday of my life, and I wouldn't need a special holiday to remind me to be thankful. It's also a special time to be able to get together with family and friends, those close and far away and spend some quality time with them. This Thanksgiving we got to spent it with Ryan's Dad and his girlfriend, Trudy, Ryan's brother, Sean, and his girlfriend, Jeanette, (who all drove 10 hours from Colorado Springs) Grandma Hodges, Ryan's Aunt and Unlce, Wendy and Jerry and their kids- Heidi and Ben, and Angie and Kelly and their kids, Kaitlyn and Gavin....phew! (Did I miss anyone?)
Here's some pictures of our time together...
Sean and Jeanette. They are such a cute couple! Jeanette is hilarious and such a fun person to be around. And the fact that she is gorgeous! (She is a keeper Sean!) Her and Sean have been dating over a year and we have heard so much about her that it was nice to finally have met her! This is what happens when Uncle Sean steals our camera and takes funny pictures of himself...they get posted. haha!
Thanksgiving day- Great Grandma Hodges and Madi sitting together by the fire.
Saturday hanging out and getting pictures of everyone together. We loved Trudy the moment we met her! It was so wonerful spending time with her and getting to know her better. What a sweet and fun person she is, and we can't wait to get to know her even better! ;)
Saturday night, Dad and Trudy treated everyone to dinner. We went to Remos, which is a Italian resturant here in town and had some great food! Then came back to our house and played Rook all night and laughed till we cried...literary!
Ryan and I sharing some love!
Ryan and Sean goofing off...as usual.

Some of the family sitting around, talking and playing with Avery.
Thanks for the great weekend and memories everyone!!! (We really missed Nate and Erin who couldn't make the trip this year, hopefully we will see you guys soon!)

7 comments:

Alan Lindsay said...

Ryan, your wife said you were goofing off in some of the pictures but I couldn't tell which ones ;) Happy Thanksgiving!

The Suttons said...

How fun Christy!! Looks like you guys had a great time!! It was fun to see you out and about on black Friday!! Talk to you soon! :)

Andrea said...

Looks like a fun time! Glad you had a happy T-day. Sorry you had to learn the hard way about Black Friday - dumb, huh?

Just Only Me said...

I know, I'm sorry! I've been a total slacker. Getting ready for this trip has taken pretty much all of my free braincells and time. I have been thinking about you though. Love the pictures and cheesy grins (pun intended!) and love your hat that you wore for Thanksgiving! Darling on you.
Miss you tons and keep up the fun work on your blog!

Nicole Leavitt said...

Looks like you had a fun Thanksgiving! Cute pics!

The Moore Family said...

I'm so glad you had a great Thanksgiving!! And you look fabulous in the hat!! I have your vinyl for the glass block! Tomorrow night we are having the taste of home for enrichment you should join!! Talk to ya later!

Sarah and Adam said...

Look at you all stylish! Cute hat and sweater/jacket (I can't tell exactly what it is in the photos) I'm glad you had a great day, have a happy birthday this weekend! Love you!