December 8, 2008

Birthday wishes and Santa kisses...

We had our ward Christmas Party, Saturday the 6th, and if you are wondering why I put that in BOLD, it's because it was also my BIRTHDAY!!! Yep, I had a birthday. It was a great birthday! Ryan took me out Thursday night and we went to dinner and then went bowling, a favorite past time. We also had time for some shopping before picking up the kids at my sister's house. (Thanks again April and Josh for babysitting!) Thanks everyone for all your calls, cards, visits, and birthday wishes. I kept thinking for some reason that I was turning 27 this year, but my husband kept reassuring me that no, I am STILL young, I am ONLY 26.(Does that means next year I will be considered old??) And isn't that nice that in honor of my birthday, my wonderful ward put on a party for me!? HAHA! Just kidding. No, it just happened to fall on the same day, but it was fun.
So here's a few (ok, I have noticed I always say "a few" and it always ends up being about 8 or more, sorry!) pictures of the ward Christmas party.


I am on the ward activities committee so we helped set up and decrate. Jane who is in charge of it all, did such a fabulous job! She always does and always has such great ideas! I just love her. For dinner we made chicken corde on blue, with baked potatoes, rolls, salad and dessert. It turned out great! The Pocatello High School Choir came and sang for the ward. They did a great job!Madi was pretty excited about seeing Santa and getting a chance to sit on his lap. Of course when she actually did get her turn, she was SO excited (can you tell?) she couldn't even talk or tell him what she wanted...haha.Madi looking hesitant as she sits on Santa's lap."Uh.... Mom....I changed my mind. H-e-l-p!"

Thought these pictures were cute...kind of blurry, but cute.


Avery's turn with Santa! She didn't cry like I thought she would, but she didn't look thrilled either. She is awfully good at staring. I think she won that staring contest, as Santa started laughing.

9 comments:

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

What a fun party!! I forgot all about our christmas party,,it was on the same night:)-sounds like you had a great birthday and Where are the picture of you and Ryan on santa's lap?? Don't you believe LOL

The Suttons said...

Looks like a fun party-our ward party was also that night! Sounds like you had a good birthday!!

Morgan said...

fun birthday! maybe see you soon!

Sarah and Adam said...

happy bday again! less than a month til mine now! i know what you mean about forgetting how old you are, i totally thought we had beenmarried for 5 1/2 years and my mopther reminded me that no, it's been 6 1/2! where does the time go?!

Genny said...

Cute family! Makes me want to have kids...

RORYJEAN said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love the santa pictures- precious.

Jessica Adams said...

Happy late b-day! I agree about the turning older thing! I kinda feel like out of no where I got older! People automatically think because you have a kid that you are over 30! :)

KristaN107 said...

WOW CHRISTY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! oh my goodness... I feel so out-of-it being on the other side of the world. I forget what day it is, what time it is, even what month it is sometimes. Time is a weird thing. Anyway I hope you had a great birthday. we are getting so old!! hahahaha... just kidding. I love you guys so much and miss you too! When i come home we´ll have to hang out as married couples!

Love you!!

Joanna said...

Okay, so I'm probably the worst friend in the history of histories. I'm so sorry I forgot your birthday. And a special one too, 26 yrs. That's a milestone. But you're not old, that's for sure (because if you are old, that makes me old too):). Anyway, happy birthday! Love ya!
Jo