November 15, 2008

Can you help me find my kids?

Avery is approx. 2 feet tall and 21 pounds.
Name by which she is called at home: A-v's (Avies)
Eyes: blue
Hair: light blonde with a tint of red
Mood lately: cranky, teething and cuddly
Avery was last seen wearing a light pink jumper dress, (with a much needed diaper change) crawling in the botton drawer of a computer desk which was reported broken during one of many family moves. Chances are, she could still be hiding out in there...


Madisen is approx. 3 feet tall and 27 pounds.
Name by which she is called at home: Madi
Eyes: blue
Hair: brown
Mood lately: whiny, talkative, and funny
Madi was last seen wearing a purple long sleeve shirt with the word, "Darling" on the front, purple matching pants and a cute smile that is rarely seen. Her favorite spots to hide out are in the front closet, or behind the strollers. She may still be hiding out there...
Lately, Madi's thing well, besides dinosaurs, (if that's possible!) is "sneaking" up on Ryan and I and scaring us. We try and play along... jumping and screaming like we are really afraid. It's fun to see her get such a kick out of it. She will also hide (in the same closet everyday or behind the strollers) and say, "Mom, come find me... mom!"
Hmm, I wonder if she could possibly be in the closet, again...??

This time, I snuck up and surprised her!

(Pictures of two different occassions of "hiding behind the strollers" caught on camera.)

I am not sure what it is about hiding behind the strollers? I must be missing something. Probably missing out on the fact that I am not tiny enough to be able to fit into such small compact spaces...of course after taking these pictures, screaming followed, as Avery crawled over and got herself stuck between the stroller and the wall. haha!

It must seem as if I never dress my child, as Avery always has very few clothes on if any at all (besides her diaper) when I take pictures of her...you must think I neglect my child! While this is only partly true, (haha. kidding) I do dress her more often than not. Occassionally even putting her in something cute with a bow in her hair, but it always happens that as the day goes on, the fewer and fewer clothes she manages to keep on or stay clean. At least she has managed to keep her socks on.

8 comments:

amy jane carpenter said...

Ok I had just pulled my youngest out from the bottom shelf of my computer desk's lower shelf as I clicked onto your blog and saw that pic of Madi inside your desk. FREAKY!!!! Haha! No, but seriously that was too weird.
My little boy Ethan ALWAYS hides in the same place too. They should play hide and seek together and then we'd get a break and wouldn't have to pretend to be so shocked to find them anymore.

Just Only Me said...

Hiding is one of our favorite games...whether I like it or not. What's fun is giving them each a glowstick (Dollar Tree often has a pack of 6 or 8 for $1) and then turning off all the lights. They'll venture into places in the bleak darkness you'll never dream! It's a favorite FHE activity of ours...and we have quite the stash of glowsticks.
I certainly hope you find the girls, they're too cute not to be found!

The Jones Foursome said...

What fun kids! Your posts really help me see what their personalities are like. Keep it up!

RORYJEAN said...

Awww, they are so cute. Apollo likes to play with the folded up stroller, too. He sits in the folded up part of the seat and pulls the hood over himself. It's pretty cute. I just read your last 6 posts- I am so behind! It's fun to see how you're doing.

Cristi said...

Brooke and Emma are always down to their skimpies by the end of the day, too!

Andrea said...

Hey, it's been a while since you posted, so I'm glad you proved your existence by at least commenting on MY blog. I'm so glad you "got" my title. I was afraid no one would. My husband just thought I misspelled, "picture." I had to explain to him that it was from Princess Bride, as in "Farm boy..." And then I was paranoid that no one would understand, but decided to use it anywho, cause it made me chuckle, and really that's what my blog is all about (making ME chuckle.) :)

Don't know why I feel the need to update you on every detail of my pathetic life, but I'm in a "talkative" mood today. Hope your weekend is cheerful and bright...and drop us a post every now and again!

Sandie said...

HILARIOUS....your post made me laugh... It seems like kids always want to strip down to the skin???? So funny with her posing behind the stroller...naked with a diaper...she is going to LOVE that pic one day!
Sandie

Unknown said...

Did they find Shumbula? :)