September 29, 2008

Two "Bums" Up!

I thought this picture was so funny! Is that not the cutest pair of bums ever! (I am bias, I know).
This picture was taken a few months back at my parents house and I forgot about it until recently when it reminded me of a conversation Madi and I had the other day, as she sat next to me while I was changing Avery's diaper. It went something like this:


Madi: "Mom, Avery has a big butt!"
Me: (while controlling myself from laughing) "Well Madi, actually Avery has quite a little bum...

Madi: Oh! She has a little bum?!

Me: Yes, a cute little bum.


In the near future when our girls get a little older, they might be a bit embarrassed about me posting this. I know I was embarrassed as my mom did something similar to me as a child. However, they shouldn't be, because one it's just a picture and two it's not embarrassing at all considering what awaits them... You see, by posting this I am actually helping and preparing them for their future. ;) Because as it turns out, they NEED to start getting used to embarrassing things... since that was their fate as soon as they were born into this family; as my family has had some of the worst and funniest embarrassing stories ever recorded!!! (only slight exaggeration there... haha!). Every one of us has done or said something that has made us feel embarrassed at one time or another. I would say for my family embarrassing things happen regularly as we seem to have a strong magnetic force that draws us to having, and collecting them.

We have those, "stick your foot in your mouth," moments all too often (which I am sorry to say we seem to get from my lovely mom). And it's true that what is considered embarrassing for some, isn't for others, so maybe that is why I feel that we have so many "embarrassing moments" as most everything turns our checks a bright shade of red! (which we seem to get from my dad). So the combination of these two traits from our dear parents, my siblings and I were doomed from the beginning to a life of embarrassment. haha!
I will have to share a few stories with you when I have time. ( Lol! yes, as it appears I never find time for blogging! -heavy sarcasm) Sometime I will share a story or two of one of my top 100 embarrassing moments and believe me when I say, you will be counting your blessings that you were not born into this family as it seems to be a curse of never ending embarrassment or maybe just a string of bad luck and a genetic defect of bright red checks? You can decide.

8 comments:

The Suttons said...

I have had the privilege of hearing just one of those embarrassing stories, but they happen to all of us. And as for the red cheeks-there was plenty of that going on when I was dating him-he has got to be the red cheeks king! Really cute post-you're so great!! :)

P.S. I would love to hear more of your stories anytime.

The Suttons said...

Sorry-I am such a dork-I think I was talking to someone while I was typing this-I was talking about Troy-hahahaha.so sorry I am an idiot.

Christy said...

Hey Kara, I understood exactly what you meant! No worries! :)

Just Only Me said...

Cute bums! Love those bathroom moments.

Anonymous said...

I love baby buns!!, but I think my kids have the cutest ones :)-lol

Blake and Lara said...

Love the bum pic!haha I have some really funny shots of the kiddos together in the bath but have not posted them....YET!LOL Hey, it's our right as parents to get to embarass our offspring just a little right? What they will one day deem embarassing is absolutely adorable to us and other moms out there so by all means why the heck not. It's true that we all dealt with it in our own families. So Cute!!

Andrea said...

Isn't it our duty as parents to ease our children gently into this embarrassing world? I think EVERYONE has embarrassing moments, but most people have a hard time laughing at themselves or seeing the humor in those moments, so they just don't share them. Or they are the lucky few who aren't phased by awkwardness. I know I have had my fair share, but when I try to think of any in particular I can't. Maybe I block them out of my memory? This would be a good topic for a tag (most embarrassing moments stories, or something like that).

Joanna said...

Okay, I just have to tell you how hard I laughed and laughed and laughed at that picture. It's priceless. And I don't usually laugh out loud that easily by reading or seeing something. So cute!