August 26, 2008

Warning Labels









Have you noticed there are warning labels on virtually everything?! And I mean everything! Toilet paper even comes with a warning label! I mean come on, I think we all know what toilet paper is used for and how to use it! It just doesn't make sense to me that there are people out in the world that are really that ...well, how do I put this nicely...dumb. We live in a world that is a major sue-happy-place and anything without a warning about the possible dangers (or almost impossible dangers-only those "dumb" people can make possible), the product could impose on someone, the company could be sued! I am not talking about people in third-world countires that have never seen or even heard of some of the technologies that we so easily have access to, I am talking about the people right here in our own country. I don't mean to be negative either, but when I hear stories of people suing because they dropped their own coffee cup on themselves or because they tripped on the sidewalk and are suing whoever owns the sidewalk, I just shake my head and think...dumb, dumb, dumb...I mean why is it, that we let people get away with stuff like that?! If I was on a jury where someone was suing over something so trivial, I would want to say, "You mean to tell me, YOU want money, because YOU tripped, and spilled YOUR coffee, on YOUR lap?! Yet, YOU are wasting MY time to sit here and listen to this! I trip every day of my life, and that is MY own fault but you want ME to give YOU money for it?!?! YOU are dumb and crazy!" haha! Yet, in a positive light, I guess in a way I am grateful that there are those "dumb" people out there, because without them, some of us wouldn't have professions...judges, lawyers, stenographers, writers and the list goes on and on....


So with warning labels in mind, I want to make sure I add a warning to those viewing my blog:

Any pictures that I have previously posted on my blog or that I will post in the future may contain images that may be considered disturbing to some viewers. In some instances pictures may cause:

night terrors,

sleep deprivation and grogginess,
sudden convulsions or nausea,

foaming of the mouth,

loss of or increase in appetite,
aggression or feeling agitated,


identity confusion,
Feeling depressed or incompetent,

bulging of the eyes,

and/or sporatic screaming.

(Side effects other than those listed here may also occur. If these symptoms or any other symptoms occur please seek immediate medical attention. This information is not intended to replace the advice of a doctor. If sudden panic attack occurs, please cover both hands over face like this. Thank you.) You have now been warned, so you can't sue me! haha! jk!
***And one last warning, mostly to myself...



Thanks for the warning.

6 comments:

RORYJEAN said...

Hahahaha! Good one, Christy, although I may have to sue you for making me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts...

Carli said...

Super funny! Love the pictures

Cristi said...

Carli and I are sitting on the phone together reading this and laughing. :)

Anonymous said...

Christy you are so hilarious!! I totally agree though :)

Jessica Adams said...

Ya don't got to do the tag! :) I am one of those people that send the stupid chain emails because I really think I will have bad luck! I hate that I am superstitious! High five for the messy cookers though! :) We are messy but nonetheless good! :)

Blake and Lara said...

Christy,
Very cute blog! Everytime I stop by here I always get a kick out of your posts. Funny and very cute pictures! Hope you guys are doing well!