August 24, 2008

Sunday Drive...

Growing up as a young child, I remember going on many Sunday drives after church. I was born in Arizona and moved to Sumner, Washington when I was eight. The area we lived in had many hills and all kinds of green trees everywhere. I felt as if I was living under a canopy of trees as the sky always seemed green rather than blue (everything was green in Washington as it rained 9 months out of the year!). It was very beautiful at times, seeing the hills covered it different shades of green, or in the fall; reds, oranges, yellows, and browns. But my family never did get used to all the rain and green, especially my mom who lived in Arizona most of her life. It was hardest for her to try and adapt to the rain as she was so comfortable in the desert heat and constant sun shine! It reminds me a lot of Bella in the Twilight series...(those that have read those books will understand). Anyway, I am getting off on a tangent here, so back to my point, as a child I remember taking many drives not just on Sunday but during the week as well. I think it helped my mom to get out of the gloomy house to try and find some sun somewhere or maybe it was just finding her sanity!

These pictures were taken a few Sundays ago, but for some reason it reminded me of the Sunday drives I took as a child. The girls were taking turns pushing each other on their little push toy, of course Avery couldn't push Madi as well, but it was cute watching them on that Sunday afternoon driving it around the house together.




Don't you just love the kitchen floor?! I know! It's an incredible floor pattern, huh? However, it does hide dirt very well and well, pretty much everything else! Sometimes I don't even know there is food on the floor around Avery's chair until I step down and a cracker breaks or I step on something sticky! Gross! But hey the rent is great so I can't complain!

8 comments:

Cristi said...

I totally NEED the sunshine like that!!!!

Pattie D said...

Christy,
We had vinyl like that in one of our apartments when we were college bound...I suppose I didn't think it as bad as you would now in the 21st century, but I do remember that it hid everything! I remember sweeping it up and being so surprised at what was on the floor....LOL! Like a mom should be surprised at what was on the floor...teeheehee.
love
MOMc

Christy said...

When we frist moved in, I thought this floor has got to go!It's so ugly! But now I actually like it in a weird sort of way- maybe because it does hide so much! and yes, I am always surprised too by how much is on the floor when I just swept the day before!hahaha!

The Suttons said...

Your girls look so cute in their Sunday dresses! Unfortunately our floor shows every bit of dirt-I have to sweep at least every other day so enjoy your floor while you can't see the dirt!! :)

Andrea said...

My dad always took us for nature drives (and nature walks) on Sunday afternoons - maybe to give my mom some peace and quiet, I don't know. He loves nature and could see the beauty in anything, taking pictures or sketching as we went (he's a painter). It is something I want to repeat, but sadly my kids don't appreciate driving in the car too much yet. Maybe someday. Are you coming to the pool with us today? We'll be there around 1:00 if you want to come!

Just Only Me said...

We love our drives too! We call it our "Loop." We have one in Boise and one here in Moscow. However, looks like your girls' drives save on gas more than ours does! They're adorable.

The Moore Family said...

Hey Christy! Cute photos! Avery turned one, Madi is obsessed with dinosours (which I find very very cute), Ryan is going back to school, and you are maintaining your full time mom status.....things are busy and fun at the Hodges residence!! Hope all is well and hope to see ya soon!

Andrea said...

Just so ya know, the pool was CLOSED yesterday, so we got all ready and drove all the way there, and then came home and ran through the sprinklers. Also, in your honor, we went for a nature drive last night for FHE! Just up Scout Mtn, but we saw lots of cute little fawns with their mothers. I loved it, so thanks for the reminder, even though you didn't know that's what you were doing. :)