July 16, 2008

"Littl' Punk"

Today Madisen was playing in my closet, again...surprise, surprise! She wanted Avery to come over, get in and play too. She kept telling Avery over and over again, "Come play Avery, come play." Well Avery wasn't paying any attention to Madi, she was busy doing her own thing...plus, the obvious fact that she doesn't understand our gibberish English- language yet. It just added to Madi's already growing frustration. Then out of nowhere, Madi calls out, " Come here, you littl' punk!"
It happened so quickly that I started to chuckle at little. There was really no mean tone in the way she said it, but was just so funny, but of course I had to wipe the smirk off my face before I could face her as a parent to let her know we don't talk like that. I told Madi, "We need to talk nice to our sister."

--I thought where in the world did she learn that?!?!

Two hours later, Ryan came home from class and started joking around with me and said, "Hey littl' punk what are you doing?"

Not to make Ryan look bad or anything, because I have said things that she has repeated too, I think we all have...however, Ryan and I have learned we always have to watch what we say and do! And be a good example even if we are just joking around!

***This picture was taken of Madisen back in May of 2007, but to me, she looks like a "littl' punk"!!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Holy cow that is so funny Christy. It's so amazing how little kids pick up on everything! Sadie calls things stupid sometimes, cuz I get mad and call things stupid. (not my kids though!) And she gets upset and says, "I'm angry!" Anyway, what a way to teach us to watch our mouths! Can't wait to see you guys!

Just Only Me said...

Hey! We have a Lil Punk at our house too! (among other names...) What a cute little punk she is too, for remembering to include her sister in her mischieviousness!

The Lorenc Family said...

lol! I don't know that I could have made a straight face to go and talk to her... good job! I like the look she has in this photo, too. She looks like she is trying to figure out another avenue to get across what she is trying to do...perplexed? :) Yet, so innocent!