June 23, 2008

Weekend Away

We spent last Thursday and Friday up in Driggs Idaho, and then the rest of the weekend in Rexburg with my family. Ryan's aunt and uncle, Wendy and Jerry share a cabin up in Driggs and invited us to come up and hang out. We played a few games, (would have played more games but everyone was mad at me....I wonder why? I guess I need to let others win sometimes.... sorry about that! ;) ate a TON of junk food (reminds me that I still need to run to burn that off!) and laughed (and whispered ;)) so hard we cried!!

The girls had a good time too. Madi liked playing up in the loft of the cabin and would look over the side of the banister and holler down, "Hi____,(mom, dad, wendy, or jerry) here I am, up here!" ...every 15 seconds rotating through all our names. And then our respond everytime would be like, "Where are you Madi??....oh there you are!" As Madi is giggling to herself with glee! She thought she was pretty funny.


On our way to my parents house in Rexburg we stopped at where the Teton Damn was and saw the remains of it. The Teton damn broke about 32 years ago flooding the whole valley of Rexburg, Rigby, St. Anthony and surrounding towns. Evidence of water was even seen in Idaho Falls, which is like over 80 miles from where the Damn broke! If you are ever in Rexburg, there is a muesum you can go see and read all about it. It's very interesting ...or maybe just to me!

We got to hang out with my family all weekend, playing endless games of Rook, shopping, eating out and having a great time! Thanks Wendy and Jerry and Mom and Dad for a great weekend away!

5 comments:

Cristi said...

I am shocked that you won all the games. Not!!!

Christy said...

Hey! I can't help it! hahahaha! ;)

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey guys how is it going? What a surprise to see you guys post on our blog. We are doing good, we live in Ogden for the moment and we are doing great. Brayde will be 16 month old on the 1st and he is a great kid, full of energy and so funny to watch grow up. Yes we are expecting a little girl in September, and thank you for the congrates. I did have cancer on my nose and had it removed about 5 weeks ago. And has not come back since. We are doing good. Your kids are so cute. are they not so fun. Take care and keep in touch
Patrick

Tammy said...

How fun! Believe it or not I was on a Young Women trip in Island Park when the Teton Dam broke. All the phone lines were down and our parents didn't even know if we were alive. We went into town and helped clean up. What an adventure! It was horrible, there were dead livestock and snakes floating in peoples basements! It sure made me appreciate that my family and home were safe back in Las Vegas. I'll have to go to the museum sometime.