May 29, 2008

A Visit with the Animals...

I know I have said this before, but Madisen absolutely LOVES animals!!! She is always wanting to either read books about animals, watch movies about animals, or pretend to be an animal... always growling, barking or crawling like one. She even at times eat likes an animal...hands becoming like paws as she pretends to be a dog, or vicious claws like a lion. I know, it's kind of weird, but cute at times too. She has also developed a love for dinosaurs lately, and can even name quite a few of them...Maiasaura, Ankylosaurus, Tyrannosaurus Rex, Triceratops, Pachycephalosaurus, Deinonychus, Seismosaurus, Parasaurolophus, etc....it's SO cute to hear her say those words! She doesn't pronouce all of them exactly perfect but she says them pretty close and can identify each one of them. (Ok sorry, I am done bragging now...every once in awhile you just can't help but be a proud parent of a future archeologist)


Anyway, this morning when I got up I said to Ryan, let's go visit an animal store, we haven't done that in awhile and we know how much Madi loves see and be with animals! Madi watching the big turtles

Madi petting a "kitty cat". The kitty-cat and the turtles she said were her favorite when we asked her what animals she enjoyed seeing the most.
Madi, Avery and Daddy looking at all the fish...

Avery and me looking at more fish... "Say... Fish"

More "kitty-cats"

She squealed with delight when she saw these little puppies... I could definitely see her doing something with animals when she grows up.

Madi and Daddy feeding the sheep and horses.

This Parrot was really cool looking, it was like a peach color, (you can't tell in this picture too well...) It also talked to us, but we didn't quite catch what it was said. It kept tilting his head down until he was looking at us upside down! "Pretty bird..." This was a crazy monkey that they had locked away...I guess it was going to be put down for biting someone, but this animal store (McKee's Pet Store) said they would take care of it but could never let the public near it except behind a glass wall...sad huh? :(Madi riding a horse
This turkey seemed pretty upset the whole time we were there...I guess he doesn't like visitors, or maybe bright lights flashing in his face...OR maybe he knows that Thanksgiving is only 6 months away....??Avery and I were next to this Emu, and it kept leaning over and would get right in Avery's or my face. A few times it came so close that I was afraid of it biting us, so I would scream and and then jump back ...Ryan thought it was pretty humorous for some reason...He always gets a good laugh from my fear of stuff... lol.Once it was time to go, it was hard to get Madi to leave the animals. We had to tell her that it was time to go home and eat lunch and then nap time. We told her that is was time for the animals to eat lunch and take a nap too...she eventually understood, but was sad to leave. We will have to visit again soon...sorry so many pictures!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Yeah, McKee's is great, huh? I just hate going because once we're there my kids don't want to leave (and it really stinks - the smell, I mean).

Cristi said...

Brooke loves animals, too! She will walk up to dogs on the street and pet them. She also doesn't seem to be afraid of bugs, either.