April 30, 2008

The Moores to the Rescue!

My Near Death Experience...
Ok not really, not even close, but I got your attention, didn't I?

Late last night after the kids had gone to bed, I went in and grudgingly sat at the computer to finish up a final paper for class that was due today. I had been working on it for a few hours already and was getting tired of it, so instead I decided to do some blogging!YA! It was getting pretty cold outside again...(will spring ever come!)the wind was blowing pretty hard and making all sorts of noises.

This home is an older home and as it is with older homes, the floor boards seem to have their own personalities as they spontanelously crack and buckle even when you are not walking on them. Last night I felt the floor boards were especially sensitive to the howling winds that were going on outside. With each loud and disturbing noise I would freeze in place and listen intently for anything out of the ordinary, which last night it seemed like every noise was! I would jump every once in awhile, scaring myself mostly. I am sure if someone saw me from a sound-proof glass without knowing the noises I was hearing, they would have thought I needed to be in a psych ward...


I decided I needed to get up, stretch my legs and go search for a snack that would keep me occupied for awhile. As I went into the kitchen, I immediately frooze in place, my eyes becoming wide opened (not that that is going to help me see any better...) as I saw that the side door was half way opened!!! My heart instantly started pounding, I forgot how to breath as my whole body went into convulsions! My mind began to race as to what to do first...run, scream, or pee!(Those of you that don't know me very well, I am deathly afraid of well...many things, but being in a big dark house with creepy noises that makes a haunted house seem like a carnival, tops the list!)I had locked all the doors earlier so my mind was racing as to whether I had missed locking this door... or did the wind blow it opened?? Or was there someone inside??!!

Frozen in place for a few short terrorizing minutes, (it felt like eternity) with eyes locked into the dark shadows of the kitchen, I eventually calmed down just enough to get some air to my starving lungs and pressed the speed dial botton on my cell to call Ryan, (which happened to be in my hand at the time...phew!) After talking with Ryan and deciding whether or not I should call someone to come check the house out for any intruders or weirdos... I decided to call Aaron and Amy Moore from our old ward. They were still awake luckily and Aaron came right over as Amy stayed on the phone with me the whole time!

With our kitchen broom in hand, Aaron did a top to bottom sweep(haha) throughout the entire house (don't know what a broom would do, maybe clean the intruder off??) We found nothing luckily, just my wild imagination making me panic.


Anyway the lesson of the story is make sure your doors are completely shut, have your cell phone on hand at all times and have good friends that will always be there for you! Thanks Aaron and Amy for risking your life for me!!! (Maybe I should add you to speed dial as well!?)You guys are great friends. Thanks for rescuing me! Love you guys!

1 comment:

The Moore Family said...

Okay so this is my second time trying to post a comment on this thing!! I need to defend myself I had my new golf club (my usual choice of weapon)in my car but I didn't want to break it so I used the next best thing a broom! To see my side of the story please see the Moore blog.
Aaron